Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #31
iamcanadian
iamcanadian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Wow, that's really not all that bad.

I think it would be cool if the guys at bookeen could make an option to flash every X pages. I think flashing every 100 pages would be nice.

Last edited by iamcanadian; 10-22-2007 at 06:20 PM.
iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #32
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Yes maybe they could add a menu/button option to fully refresh the screen. Or maybe a mercury switch sensor so you can turn it upside down and shake it like an etch a sketch. :-)

Seriously it's nice that they're trying new options.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I managed to get most of the way through the current book I'm reading, call it 85% or about 1,200 page-flips, and I thought I'd post some shots of the level of ghosting present when you turn off 'flashing' between page-flips.

As you can see, it's noticeable, but not all that unpleasant or irritating.

Derek
It's not too bad if you are not in a low lighting situation. But if you are, the ghosting will be in the way.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 01:40 AM   #34
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's not too bad if you are not in a low lighting situation. But if you are, the ghosting will be in the way.
Not really, Jon... I've been reading with either a single 21W cfl light in my room, or the XtraFlex Duo with just one light on and it's been quite readable. Of course, I have to point out that in low-light situations I *MUST* switch to my reading prescription glasses. [Sigh] The joys of getting older!

And for those who are interested, I've left the Cybook on around the clock for the past 24 hours and 21 minutes, of which time over 16 hours has been spent reading (Remember, I was reading fast in order to get as many page-flips as possible to get the full ghosting effect.). I did this after giving the Cybook a charge to 100%. As of 10:26PM this evening, I'm down to 80% charge.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #35
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
i find utterly incredible that the forthcoming version does not support bookmarks.

I use bookmarks/annotations feature on mobipocket on my axim x51v. Examples: recipe books (bookmark the recipes I want to save, bookmark certain passages for an essay I want to write. Also, in classrooms and book clubs, you need to mark several passages.

seriously i don't have a problem with delaying the implementation of certain features (to perfect core features). But this seems like an odd feature to delay until later.
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #36
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
i find utterly incredible that the forthcoming version does not support bookmarks.

I use bookmarks/annotations feature on mobipocket on my axim x51v. Examples: recipe books (bookmark the recipes I want to save, bookmark certain passages for an essay I want to write. Also, in classrooms and book clubs, you need to mark several passages.

seriously i don't have a problem with delaying the implementation of certain features (to perfect core features). But this seems like an odd feature to delay until later.
Whether or not you can have bookmarks in a Mobipocket book is beyond the control of Bookeen. They did not write the Mobipocket Reader software. Mobipocket did.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #37
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
You mean it is the Mobipocket Reader that is used for html files or for pdf files?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:32 PM   #38
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
Nate, you don't know what you're talking about.

Mobipocket software (at least the version I have) includes "Add Bookmark" and "Annotations" on the main reader menu.

I don't expect cybook to implement EVERY feature in Mobipocket, but this one seems to be a core function. I originally thought Derek was kidding, but after looking at the video and reading the blog comments, it seems that bookmarks aren't in the firmware Derek had. But the bookeen people say it will be in the final release.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...32340977317970
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:03 PM   #39
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
Nate, you don't know what you're talking about.

Mobipocket software (at least the version I have) includes "Add Bookmark" and "Annotations" on the main reader menu.

I don't expect cybook to implement EVERY feature in Mobipocket, but this one seems to be a core function. I originally thought Derek was kidding, but after looking at the video and reading the blog comments, it seems that bookmarks aren't in the firmware Derek had. But the bookeen people say it will be in the final release.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?bl...32340977317970
But does it implement it in the Java version that runs on the Iliad and I assume the Cybook? I thought I heard that it does not.

If I am wrong, my apologies. I misremembered some information.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:16 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
But does it implement it in the Java version that runs on the Iliad and I assume the Cybook? I thought I heard that it does not.

You are correct. No bookmarks on the iLiad Mobi reader.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #41
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post

Bookeen does not run Mobipocket's software on the Cybook. It's their own reader from the ground up.

Last edited by penty; 10-24-2007 at 09:30 PM.
penty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 PM   #42
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bookeen wrote the Mobipocket reader? So how did they get the info on the DRM and format info?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:56 PM   #43
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by penty View Post
Bookeen does not rut Mobipocket's software on the Cybook. It's their own reader from the ground up.
Do you have any specs on this reader?
Does it have pagination?
Does it show total page count?
Does it support bookmarks?
Does it support links with a back button?
How many font sizes?
How many fonts?
Image capability?
zoom?
anything else?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:19 PM   #44
iamcanadian
iamcanadian began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Bookeen wrote the Mobipocket reader? So how did they get the info on the DRM and format info?
I would imagine that Bookeen's reader software supports all these formats by using plugins.

Mp3 players support DRM WMA files without having separate software for reading them. All they need is a plugin.

Last edited by iamcanadian; 10-24-2007 at 08:44 PM.
iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:29 PM   #45
penty
Connoisseur
penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.penty has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Do you have any specs on this reader?
Does it have pagination?
Does it show total page count?
Does it support bookmarks?
Does it support links with a back button?
How many font sizes?
How many fonts?
Image capability?
zoom?
anything else?
If you read any of the information that Derek or I have posted all that is answered. But in brief.

1. What is pagination?
2. yes, keep in mind it changed based on Font Size
3. One bookmark only at the place you exited the book.
4. Simple HTML only at this time, no links. This will improve after the initial release.
5. Currently 9
6. Ships with 9, you can add your own.
7. Yes.
8. only in PDFs.
penty is offline   Reply With Quote