Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: April 2011 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel by Gary Shteyngart 6 10.53%
The Revenge of the Radioactive Lady by Elizabeth Stuckey-French 5 8.77%
The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobsen 3 5.26%
The Night Life of the Gods by Thorne Smith 4 7.02%
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole 9 15.79%
The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut Jr 6 10.53%
Naked by David Sedaris 2 3.51%
Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons 3 5.26%
The Diaries of Adam and Eve (also called extracts from Adam and Eve's diary) by Mark Twain 5 8.77%
Hal Spacejock #1 by Simon Haynes 14 24.56%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2011, 05:35 AM   #61
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
I think you are doing it wrong. If you buy book #2 (or 3 or 4) then you get book #1 for free.
Nah I'm doing it right, I'm supporting independent authors. If this was a series written by a big author with plenty of funds behind them, sure no worries I'd buy the cheap way, but for the few extra $$ I feel better about giving a little more.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #62
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The offer is as follows:

Personally, I'm glad i took advantage of it. I'm finding book 2 - Second Course to be funnier than the first one.
I took the offer, but decided to wait until after the discussion to read the other three. I don't want to get them confused and accidentally refer to something later in the series.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #63
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I took the offer, but decided to wait until after the discussion to read the other three. I don't want to get them confused and accidentally refer to something later in the series.
my thoughts exactly. april 20th can't come soon enough to start the discussion.
with the ereader though i find myself never having a shortage of reading options so that's always a bonus as well.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #64
voodooblues
Connoisseur
voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.voodooblues got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iPad(3 or HD or whatever), iPad Mini, Kindle 7" hdx, Samsung 7 tab 3
I have completed the book and found it a fun read. All the time I was reading it, i kept thinking about it as a movie and was trying to figure out who would Play Hal and Clunk
voodooblues is offline   Reply With Quote