Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #31
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
I'm hoping to get a new ereader this year, and I won't consider one that doesn't have a built in light.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #32
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
I am really tempted to get a Kobo Glo. My Kobo WiFi, which I have had for 2 years, is working fine but I really like reading in bed in the dark. Sometimes it is the only time I get to read on workdays. I could turn the beside light on but I read on my phone. I do like reading outside in good weather and use the Kobo for that, of course. The Glo would do both, I guess?
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #33
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Definitely glow. I have a Kobo Glo and a KPW and I did have a Sony PRS650 with lighted cover. I loved my Sony but an inbuilt frontlight is so much better. Check out the Glo and the Paperwhite and the Kobo Aura HD, if you want more screen real estate, but regardless of which ereader you choose, you should definitely go for one that has an inbuilt frontlight.
Glow all the way!!
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The minimum line spacing that can be set on the Kobos is 1.3. But, it respects whatever is set in the book. If the CSS in the book uses a smaller line spacing it will be used correctly. For me, 1.3 is about right, but I think it should have been the middle of the choices, not the smallest.

From Ripplinger's photo, the Sony looks to have a line spacing of 1.0 or 1.1 and the Kobo is set to the 1.3.
Sony is the ADE default of 1.0.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #35
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Oops, asked and answered in another thread, my bad.

Last edited by Breid; 04-25-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #36
archerwoo
Enthusiast
archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.archerwoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3;Ip4
I think the key point is that how many books you've read but not what kind of Reader best or suit. All EINK Reader have the same function: read. That's the essential of the device.
archerwoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:25 AM   #37
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I loved my kindle touch as if it was one of my children. It was a joy to be able to read agaiin, after many years of eye problems. The font sizes were amazing. The only draw back was an annoying clip on light. Well the kindle paperwhite, OMG it is amazing. so crisp and white with this amazing bold print. The light just makes readin even easier. Oh and so much easier to snuggle in bed. I doubt anything new could tempt me to part with the paperwhite

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #38
Agar242
Agar242 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Agar242 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Agar242 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Agar242 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook ST, kobo mini
I purchased a nook glowlight after having the original touch for a year or two. At first i thought it was the bees knees, but after having to take it in time and time again for small scratches that would magically appear on the screen while sitting undisturbed in its leather case, I quickly got over it. Every two weeks it was back to best buy to exchange for a new nook glowlight (good thing I bought a warranty). Now, on a non-glow e-ink reader a scratch wouldn't be that much of a big deal, but with a glow screen these small scratches refract the light and you end up with a big brilliant light shining from the scratch; its quite distracting! So after 7 returns I finally gave up! I returned it for good and decided to get a kobo mini with store credit to spare! I'd rather carry a small booklight around then deal with those glow screens.
Agar242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #39
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
The fragility of the Nook Glow screens is a known issue, and has been from the beginning. It's not an issue with the Kindle Paperwhite (which had other issues, noteably color blooms in some earlier versions, although this seems to be pretty much fixed these days.).
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glow, screen