Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
Cygnus X-1
Cygnus X-1 began at the beginning.

Device: Cover Story EB05
Cover Story EB05 strange behaviour

Hello guys! My name is André, I am from Brazil and have recently bought a Cover Story EB05.
Well, I have deleted and renamed some folders from it and now strange things are happening: it doesnt show up the recent books I was reading, doesnt memorize the page I stopped the reading and when I click on "my folders", folders dont show up. I have to click on the back arrow button in order to see the folders. Also, it doesnt show up all books when I click on "books"... Not to mention other things such as: voice recording not working, mp3´s that dont show up when downloaded to the device, etc. I is this a problem of config due to the fact I have deleted and renamed the folders? I have downloaded that last firmware, but the problems remain...does anybody here have got problems like these with Cover Story EB05? Please, if so, help me out! Thank you guys!
Cygnus X-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X-1 View Post
Well, I have deleted and renamed some folders from it and now strange things are happening:
I think you already figured out your problem.

You could try a reset, not sure how you do it on a Cover Story.

Maybe look here http://www.iriver.com/support/downlo...Word=&x=12&y=9 and reinstall firmware.

I'm sure some others here on the forum will be by shortly with good advice.

Last edited by CJJ; 02-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Cygnus X-1

Cover Story

Thank you CJJ for your prompt response! Well, I forgot to mention it but I reinstalled the firmware and also reseted twice my device, and problems still remain. Anyway, thank you very much indeed for your help!!
Old 02-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
Cygnus X-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus X-1 View Post
Hello guys! My name is André, I am from Brazil and have recently bought a Cover Story EB05.
Well, I have deleted and renamed some folders from it and now strange things are happening: it doesnt show up the recent books I was reading, doesnt memorize the page I stopped the reading and when I click on "my folders", folders dont show up. I have to click on the back arrow button in order to see the folders. Also, it doesnt show up all books when I click on "books"... Not to mention other things such as: voice recording not working, mp3´s that dont show up when downloaded to the device, etc. I is this a problem of config due to the fact I have deleted and renamed the folders? I have downloaded that last firmware, but the problems remain...does anybody here have got problems like these with Cover Story EB05? Please, if so, help me out! Thank you guys!
Just another thing to make myself clear: the folders I have deleted were those that have nothing to do with configuration. For example, I deleted the scrap, text, etc, folders and renamed others such as book, memo...I did it because even when switching to the portuguese language, these folders would still remain in english...