Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-31-2019, 03:00 PM   #391
Dompie
Connoisseur
Dompie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura & Kobo Libra
Thanks, you are very fast. And it works again as I aspected. Thanks again Pr.BarnArt
Dompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:10 PM   #392
Wipneus
Connoisseur
Wipneus began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro
Thank you Pr.BarnArt
Wipneus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2019, 02:57 AM   #393
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
I think BOL changed something again ISBN is correct, author and title too.

calibre, version 3.43.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'Yrsa Sigurdard\xf3ttir'], u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9789044343861'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'De donkere dag'}
Using plugins: BOL_NL (3, 8, 23)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** BOL_NL (3, 8, 23) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 1.6004140377
Querying: https://www.bol.com/nl/p/de-donkere-...0000021821256/
BOL_NL url: 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/de-donkere-dag/9200000021821256/'
Error parsing title for url: 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/de-donkere-dag/9200000021821256/'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 125, in parse_details
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 244, in parse_title
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Could not find title for 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/de-donkere-dag/9200000021821256/'
Could not find title/authors/bol_nl_id for 'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/de-donkere-dag/9200000021821256/'
bol_nl_id: 'nl/p/de-donkere-dag/9200000021821256' Title: None Authors: ['Yrsa Sigurdardottir']

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 1.66 seconds
The longest time (1.600414) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 04:44 AM   #394
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 902 / Ipad air/ kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlob View Post
I think BOL changed something again ISBN is correct, author and title too.

calibre, version 3.43.0
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".
You were right. They changed a few things, als foor book-search without ISBN.
Fixed with update 3.8.24, also available at the start of this thread.
Thanks for notifying.
Enjoy again!

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 05-30-2019 at 05:18 AM.
Pr.BarnArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 05:08 AM   #395
Wipneus
Connoisseur

It`s not working

It`s not working the update. I have the book E.L.Todd - Vrijdag without isbn number but he can`t find the book.
You must have the isbn or he find no book. The same for this book without isbn. Toni Copper - Het vergeten Meisje.

Last edited by Wipneus; 05-30-2019 at 05:13 AM.
Advert
Old 05-30-2019, 05:24 AM   #396
Pr.BarnArt
Addict
Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pr.BarnArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipneus View Post
It`s not working the update. I have the book E.L.Todd - Vrijdag without isbn number but he can`t find the book.
You must have the isbn or he find no book. The same for this book without isbn. Toni Copper - Het vergeten Meisje.
Oeps, forgot to update the file.
To avoid conflicts update version is changed to 3.8.25
Old 05-30-2019, 07:10 AM   #397
redlob
Connoisseur
redlob began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O edition 2, Kobo Libra 2
Thanks again Pr. Barnart for your quick response!
redlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #398
Wipneus
Connoisseur

Thank you !! Toppertje
Old 06-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #399
MadeOfMagicAndWi
MadeOfMagicAndWi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Just wanted to add that the issue with rejected titles occurs on Linux as well.

What's weird is that it did work as intended for the longest while, and now it just freezes and you have to kill the calibre-paralel process to close the popup and retrieve any results from other metadata sources as well.
MadeOfMagicAndWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:17 AM   #400
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeOfMagicAndWi View Post
Just wanted to add that the issue with rejected titles occurs on Linux as well.

What's weird is that it did work as intended for the longest while, and now it just freezes and you have to kill the calibre-paralel process to close the popup and retrieve any results from other metadata sources as well.
Ty, i will note it in the startpost. In this case the advise is to disable this option for rejected titles in the configuration of the plug-in.

Last edited by Pr.BarnArt; 06-15-2019 at 07:22 AM.
Old 10-06-2019, 11:19 AM   #401
wamoje
wamoje began at the beginning.

Since Calibre 4.0 there seems to be a bug in the BOL_NL plugin. I've posted a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1846943 but got the answer back that the texts in the popup screens was not found in the calibre source code and the problem probably was in a plugin.

Here's the text of my bug report:

========================================
When using Ctl-D and Alt-m to download metadata for a selected book, sometimes a popup occurs with the title 'No exact match'. In the previous calibre release I could pick a suggestion from the presented list. Since I've upgraded to calibre 4.0 this dialog does not seem to react on mouse-clicks or keyboard strokes. I can only use the window-close button, which results in a '... not responding' popup where I can select 'Force quit'. Finally I get a 'Failed to download metadata' popup which I can click away.

I've included screenshots of the popups mentioned.

I'm using calibre 4.0 on Linux Mint Mate 18.3
My active kernel is 4.15.0-65

Kind regards, Jos Kaats

PS I am more than willing to do any tracing if that's necessary.
=============================

Kovid's reply:
==============================
As far as I know there is no such dialog in calibre itself.
The string "No exact match" is not present in the source code and "Geen
exacte match" is not present in the translations.

Are you
using some third party plugin? Try running calibre with
calibre --ignore-plugins

and see what happens.

status invalid
===================================

So I've enabled/disabled the metadata sources one by one and the problem appeared at BOL_NL. The customization screen of this plugin directed me to this forum, so my question is: Are the plugin developers present on this forum?

Last edited by wamoje; 10-06-2019 at 11:21 AM.
wamoje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #402
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamoje View Post
Since Calibre 4.0 there seems to be a bug in the BOL_NL plugin. I've posted a bug report at https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1846943 but got the answer back that the texts in the popup screens was not found in the calibre source code and the problem probably was in a plugin.
Show rejected titles is coded as if available. It is know that it doe snot work on Ios(Mac). To solve the problems, just uncheck the option "show rejected titles..."in the config.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #403
wamoje
wamoje began at the beginning.

Workaround works, thanks for that. But still strange that it worked before I updated to calibre 4.0
wamoje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:23 AM   #404
Dompie
Connoisseur
Dompie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura & Kobo Libra
I believe Bol have changed something. With an ISBN: no result and without an ISBN there is a result as aspected.
Logging:
With ISBN:

calibre, version 3.12.0
FOUT: Geen zoekresultaten gevonden: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click "Show details".

{u'authors': [u'Jet van Vuuren'], u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Basta !', u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9789045217260'}}
Using plugins: BOL_NL (3, 8, 25)

****************************** BOL_NL (3, 8, 25) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 2.0039999485
Querying: https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoek...equestid=17572
BOL_NL url: u'https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Basta+Jet+Vuuren/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572'
Error parsing title for url: u'https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Basta+Jet+Vuuren/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 125, in parse_details
File "calibre_plugins.BOL_NL.worker", line 244, in parse_title
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'

Could not find title for u'https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Basta+Jet+Vuuren/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572'
Could not find authors for u'https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Basta+Jet+Vuuren/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572'
Could not find title/authors/bol_nl_id for u'https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Basta+Jet+Vuuren/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299+8293/search/true/searchType/qck/index.html?_requestid=17572'
bol_nl_id: u'nl/s/boeken/zoekresultaten/Ntt/Basta+Jet+Vuuren/Ntk/nl_books_all/Nty/1/N/8299+8293/Ne/8299' Title: None Authors: None

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 2.01 seconds
The longest time (2.004000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

Without ISBN:

{u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Basta !', u'identifiers': {}, u'authors': [u'Jet van Vuuren']}
Using plugins: BOL_NL (3, 8, 25)

****************************** BOL_NL (3, 8, 25) ******************************
Found 1 results
Downloading from BOL_NL took 8.77500009537

---
Title : Basta!
Author(s) : Jet van Vuuren
Publisher : Karakter Uitgevers B.V.
Tags : Thrillers & Spanning
Languages : dut
Rating :
Published : 2019-10-02T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:9789045217260
Comments : Lynn van Waasdorp volgt haar hart en trouwt halsoverkop met Matthew Smith, een charmante, twintig jaar oudere man met twee puberdochters. Haar baan en het pleegmoederschap vallen haar echter zwaar en een burn-out ligt op de loer. <br>Dan wordt Lynn benaderd door de eigenaar van een vakantiepark in Drenthe. De man wil weten wat ze met het chalet van haar tante Bella gaat doen. Bella, een bekende tv-kok, is sinds een paar jaar vermist. Niemand weet wat er met haar gebeurd is – een lichaam is nooit gevonden.<br>Lynn ziet een bezoek aan het chalet als een buitenkans om tot rust te komen en vertrekt in haar eentje naar Drenthe. Daar ontmoet ze niet alleen Bob, de wat wereldvreemde eigenaar van het park, maar ook Sjouk, een rechercheur in ruste en vaste parkbewoner. Eenmaal gesetteld ontdekt Lynn dat er achter de goedlachse Bella ook een heel andere persoon schuilging.<br>Hoe meer vragen er rijzen, des te meer weerstand Lynn ervaart van haar omgeving. Het verlaten vakantiepark wordt ineens een onheilspellende plek...
<br>(source: Bol.com)<br>
Querying: https://www.bol.com/nl/s/boeken/zoek...equestid=17572
Rejecting as not close enough match: Basta!
Rejecting as not close enough match: Basta!
BOL_NL url: u'https://www.bol.com/nl/p/basta/9200000114812158/'

The identify phase took 8.82 seconds
The longest time (8.775000) was taken by: BOL_NL
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.48 seconds
Dompie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #405
Pr.BarnArt
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dompie View Post
I believe Bol have changed something. With an ISBN: no result and without an ISBN there is a result as aspected.
Can you check it again, because also with ISBN the info is found when I gave it a try.
I noticed the cover is missing, I will fix that asap.