Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2019, 12:30 PM   #1
gvantass
gvantass began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I think I broke my database

Overnight, I was had set a large number of files to auto-import to my Calibre database, which resides on an installed SD card. When I woke up this morning, the card had run out of space and now every time I try to open the database, I get the following error message. Can someone help me recover somehow?

Code:
calibre, version 3.44.0
ERROR: Startup error: There was an error during calibre startup. Parts of calibre may not function. Click Show details to learn more.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 291, in initialize_db_stage2
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 235, in start_gui
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/ui.py", line 436, in initialize
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/init.py", line 780, in save_layout_state
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/views.py", line 635, in save_state
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/views.py", line 629, in write_state
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 62, in call_func_with_lock
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/cache.py", line 616, in set_pref
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 134, in set
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 131, in __setitem__
SQLError: SQLError: no such savepoint: _apsw-0
gvantass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Scan and Repair the SD Card.

Copy the library to a proper HD.

If Calibre will open it, use Calibre's Check Library function. Fix any etrors.

If not, rename the bad library then run Calibre. It will create a new library. Go from there.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
SD cards can fail without notice. Active Library duty does a lot of reads and writes. If you need more drive, get a USB drive or Get a bigger drive that fits, and clone your existing drive to it (allow the clone to use the entire drive), then swap in the new drive. This process usually takes about an hour
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
database errors, sql error