Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
rscudder
gadget freak
rscudder began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre touch, Augen 'The Book'
Lightbulb Augen 'The Book' possible Subforum

: Several people writing in the threads about Augen's The Book have asked about a subforum devoted to it. I asked a while ago about how subforums came into existence, and it seems to be a combination of factors.

1st- general interest and multiple threads discussing the ereader
2nd- general discussion asking for a subforum
3rd- moderators specifically asked about the possibility of a subforum
4th decisions from on high to create the subforum

Right now there are 9 or so threads on TB in 'more eBook readers'. There are also some other threads in News and a couple other spots which primarily focused on TB.

If you look at the number of threads under specific ereaders right above this section, most of them have a great many more than 9 devoted to the ereader. However, I assume they started with much fewer. On the other hand, TB came out at the beginning of July, and there seem to be quite a number of people who purchased it, or are interested in learning more about it.

For those interested in creation of an Augen The Book subforum, start commenting.

I am interested.
Rebecca
rscudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
ltucci1924
ltucci1924 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: JETBOOK MINI RB
ME TOO
ltucci1924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Billsey
Billsey began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The Book
As am I.
Billsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #4
Metal Mick
Addict
Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Metal Mick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Book, PB 302, IQ
Hi all,

it's a worthwhile idea - KMart is selling out of these time after time, and other suppliers seem to be going okay too. Others I know of are awaiting stocks.

Some purchasers will wind up here, without doubt. Easier to do so now than collect them all later.

I'd add my support to the proposal.

Cheers,
Metal Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #5
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Yes, please our own space. We are becoming a "hot" topic. My Augen is one week old and NO problems .
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
Count me in. A subforum would be welcome.
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
gintzj
Connoisseur
gintzj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi model
Count me in easy to find information than moving to different lines

Thank you

Jim
gintzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I am not adverse to the idea of a Augen TB subforum. I think the reluctance may stem from waiting to see if Augen is going to more actively support TB. As I have stated before, I think the potential is there for TB to be a great ereader, but they still have not shown the commitment to fulfilling that potential. That said, I think it is more viable for having a sub forum than yet another rebranded Hanlin eink reader.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #9
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Or rename this subforum as The Book.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #10
hasfrochbuster
hasfrochbuster began at the beginning.

Device: psp - iphone - Augen The Book.
Please put me in, I vote in favor.
hasfrochbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
rscudder
gadget freak
rscudder began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre touch, Augen 'The Book'
rename this subforum :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastblade View Post
Or rename this subforum as The Book.
That seems a bit drastic- and we would still be mixed in with a number of other devices too
Rebecca
rscudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
rebforever
rebforever began at the beginning.

Device: Augen The Book
I'm all for a subforum. Just joined for support on Augen The Book.
rebforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:18 AM   #13
RadioMan52
RadioMan52 began at the beginning.

Device: The Book
Any movment?
RadioMan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
abthomps
abthomps began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Count me in! I would love a TB sub-forum.
abthomps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #15
LeighDude
LeighDude began at the beginning.

Device: Augen eReader
Augen has no intention of 'supporting' the eReader. It developed the TB as a cheaper alternative for other expensive eReaders. That said, providing tech support does tend to become cost intensive. Probably why other eReaders cost so much.
LeighDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
augen, subforum, the book