Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
New version 1.2.9.0 available

The new version is now available on addons.mozilla.org: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/45281.

Here is what I changed:
  • The keyboard can now be used to navigate through the books.
  • The toolbar can now be hidden.
  • Now it's possible to display book metadata.
  • EPUBReader is now available in two additional languages: Turkish and Catalan.
  • Fault tolerance has been further improved. Now there are even less ePub-files which can't be read.

As always, please let me know if you experience any problems and for the case you like the new features, I'm also very happy to hear from you .

Last edited by mikelv; 06-15-2010 at 05:32 AM.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
Laisvunas
Enthusiast
Laisvunas began at the beginning.

Hi Michael,

Huge thanks for the new version. I especially like the possibility to free space by hiding bottom toolbar.

I have a question: what do you think about incompatibility between EPUBReader and Lucifox EPUB reader? After installing EPUBReader, Lucifox stops working.

I addressed this issue in an earlier thread. dwanthny suggested a kind of solution - to install Lucifox on Firefox Portable. It proved possible, but this is really crude solution: if you need Lucifox on Firefox Portable you must shut down both Firefox and Prism.

Lucifox has several cool features such as displaying text in several columns and full text search, but EPUBReader is more usable, so it would be really nice to be possible to have both installed and running on the same browser instance.
Laisvunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
Hi Michael,

Huge thanks for the new version. I especially like the possibility to free space by hiding bottom toolbar.

I have a question: what do you think about incompatibility between EPUBReader and Lucifox EPUB reader? After installing EPUBReader, Lucifox stops working.
Hi Laivunas,

great that you like the new version!

Both add-ons listen to the same content, I guess that this causes the problems. So the only way I see is, that you install both and disable the one which you don't want to use in the moment.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laisvunas View Post
what do you think about incompatibility between EPUBReader and Lucifox EPUB reader? After installing EPUBReader, Lucifox stops working.
It has happened the same to me. LUCIFOX is no longer able to load the books it keeps hanged trying to load. I'm quite dissapointed because I use LUCIFOX very frequently.
I beg the author, as far as this incompatibility is solved, that a WARNING explaining this issue must be advertised in EPUBReader web and in the FIREFOX extensions download page.

I've tried uninstalling-reinstalling FIREFOX but to no avail.

Any help will be welcome as far as I really want my LUCIFOX back.

Thanks

BLOG: Mi PAPYRE 6.1 reader para libros electrónicos
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
adun
adun began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thanks

Just one question?
When can we expect to see the two facing pages layout?
adun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2010, 07:15 AM   #6
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
It has happened the same to me. LUCIFOX is no longer able to load the books it keeps hanged trying to load. I'm quite dissapointed because I use LUCIFOX very frequently.

Any help will be welcome as far as I really want my LUCIFOX back.
As I can read in your interesting blog posting, you have solved the problem yourself by deinstalling EPUBReader.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader

Quote:
Originally Posted by adun View Post

Just one question?
When can we expect to see the two facing pages layout?
Great, thanks .

I will include the multicolumn feature in the next version, which will be available in the next 2-3 weeks.

"Multicolumn" means, that if the space is wide enough, instead of one column, several columns are displayed. So it will more look like a newspaper than facing pages of a book. That's what possible with the Firefox means. Hope you will like it nevertheless .
Old 07-19-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
As I can read in your interesting blog posting, you have solved the problem yourself by deinstalling EPUBReader.
Yes, thanks actually to recover LUCIFOX I had to uninstall LUCIFOX, uninstall EPUBReader, and reinstall LUCIFOX again.
Besides, I've realized that both programs suffer from the incompatibilty, it is not only LUCIFOX that malfunctions but also ePUBReader.

By chance, I had installed an update Windows package early that morning. I though that LUCIFOX behaviour was derived from that. So I wasted a lot of time restoring the system to an earlier state, only to realize later that it was just the FIREFOX addons problem. I was too incensed to write a balanced opinion in the BLOG, which I regret.
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote