Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Question about agency pricing model

If this is a repeat, mods feel free to move or delete:

I've seen the big announcement that BoB is also being forced to go to the Agency pricing model set by publishers. And while everyone is talking about what this means on pricing for new releases, I'm curious about what it means for older ones. Books that have been out (and were originally released in paperback, not hardback), for several years. I saw somewhere an example where after "windowing" with prices went into effect, the prices would drop to about $5.99 with a paperback release. (Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw it, and I can't find it again). Since several of the items on my wishlist at BoB meet the criteria of 1. originally released in paperback several years ago and 2. now priced above $5.99, I wonder if some of the titles on my wishlist might actually end up cheaper when this takes effect? Yeah, call me the eternal optimist...
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote