Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
wallyworld
wallyworld began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (?)
Preferred Format when purchasing

Hello all...

In your experiences with the nook, if given a choice of formats, which format do you choose when purchasing an eBook from somewhere beside B&N?

Is one format better than any other? Faster? Any advantages?

My (uneducated guess) would be ePub?

Thanks in advance...

Mark
wallyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #2
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
I have bought a lot at Fictionwise, mostly before I bought the nook. If I buy eReader books, there's often a 5% additional rebate for that format instead of ePub. Also, with eReader books, I can bulk download them, but with ePub books, I have to download them one at a time with Adobe Digital Editions. Even so, if the price is the same, I think I will go with ePub because I have found that eReader illustrations tend to be really low resolution, and look far worse on higher resolution screens like the nook or my PC.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
I dl whats cheapest, use tools to strip the drm and convert to epub.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
For the typical text only ebook, there may be little difference - although eReader formatting tends to be simpler. Images are indeed typically lower resolution in eReader ebooks. See A Comparison of format limitations based on The Hobbit.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote