Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
surfingtroll
surfingtroll began at the beginning.

Device: prs-700bc
Problem with Adobe Digital Editions not seeing PRS-700BC

Hi have just got a PRS-700BC from the states ( Live in UK ) and first up the elibrary 2.5 will not install ( i already have 2.2 as my partner uses a 505 ) . 2.2 seems to see the reader fine though . My main problem is when I try to transfer books that have been purchased Adobe Digital Editions will not see my reader ( the 700 ) to authorise it . Can anyone help , I have contacted Adobe and they suggested a hard reset which I have done but still no success with Adobe seeing the 700 please help as I want to be able to use the reader for more than a paperweight .
surfingtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:47 AM   #2
tarq
Enthusiast
tarq began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten E, Sony 700
Did you register your reader with Adobe Digital as well as your computer?

See post #39 here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=48689&page=3

I had the same problem last week and doing this fixed it for me.
tarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
TimK
TimK doesn't litterTimK doesn't litterTimK doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-700
I'm having the same problem, and the post you linked to, tarq, does not address the problem.

That post essentially says: Make sure you're registered your computer and the PRS-700 with your Adobe ID in order to be able to transfer content.

The problem is: Adobe Digital Editions does not detect the PRS-700, so it is not possible to register the reader with the Adobe software.

Anyone have any tips for solving this problem?

PS I have registered my computer with Adobe Digital Editions; and if it makes any difference, I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.

Thanks!
Tim, total newbie and new owner of a PRS-700
TimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 04:18 AM   #4
tarq
Enthusiast

Sorry, I thought that would help.

Abode site is down at the moment. I'll look to see what I did later.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:30 AM   #5
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I had to down load their program. It is Adobe Digital Editions. The device is recognized by that program and the books are transferred from that list to the reader just like they are transferred from the Sony library. Hope it helps.
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #6
tarq
Enthusiast

Here's a link with some help:

http://www.adobe.com/products/digita...er_sony_reader

I hope this works for you. It says 505 but it worked with my 700.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:44 AM   #7
surfingtroll

sorry guys no luck the problem is that adobe does not see my reader so I cannot authorise it . So exactly the same problem as TimK , anyone have any suggestions
Old 07-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfingtroll View Post
sorry guys no luck the problem is that adobe does not see my reader so I cannot authorise it . So exactly the same problem as TimK , anyone have any suggestions
I'm not sure what versions included the code that would allow ADE to talk to the reader. BUt, I assume it is 2.5 since you don't have it installed.

You need to get Sony 2.5 installed. What is the problem you are having installing it?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I'm not sure what versions included the code that would allow ADE to talk to the reader. BUt, I assume it is 2.5 since you don't have it installed.

You need to get Sony 2.5 installed. What is the problem you are having installing it?

BOb
Plus, 2.5 has the latest device drivers for the prs-500/700 which you may be lacking.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Plus, 2.5 has the latest device drivers for the prs-500/700 which you may be lacking.
HMmm... I thought that is what I said. Although I didn't use the word "drivers".

BOb
Old 07-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #11
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
HMmm... I thought that is what I said. Although I didn't use the word "drivers".

BOb
On second reading, this is what you said, but not exactly.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #12
surfingtroll

I cannot seem to install 2.5 on my computer as it says it is unavailable in my region so any help ?
Old 07-20-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I cannot seem to install 2.5 on my computer as it says it is unavailable in my region so any help ?
What do you mean? When does it say that? When you are d/ling it, running the installer, when?

BOb
Old 07-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #14
surfingtroll

It says this when I try to run the installer I have also tryed to download from sony US site with same response
Old 07-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #15
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It says this when I try to run the installer I have also tryed to download from sony US site with same response
Interesting. I have never heard that one before. Do you get this for the UK version too?

Have you uninstalled 2.2 or is it still on your machine?

BOb