Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #1
joedevon
Enthusiast
joedevon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.joedevon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.joedevon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
CHM to Html

From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...acting_to_HTML
I noticed that you can decompress a .chm to it's html form with this command:
Quote:
hh.exe -decompile extracted filename.chm
(For more details, check the url above)

This created a couple directories, tons of html files including a main.html and the best hope a toc.html. I'm fooling around w/ using calibre to import it...no luck yet, but hopefully it'll come together. If anyone wants to try their hand too, let me know what you think.
joedevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedevon View Post
From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microso...acting_to_HTML
I noticed that you can decompress a .chm to it's html form with this command:

(For more details, check the url above)

This created a couple directories, tons of html files including a main.html and the best hope a toc.html. I'm fooling around w/ using calibre to import it...no luck yet, but hopefully it'll come together. If anyone wants to try their hand too, let me know what you think.
zip the files and Calibre will take them better.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
joedevon
Enthusiast
joedevon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.joedevon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.joedevon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
zip the files and Calibre will take them better.

Dale
Interesting, so you mean after decompression, make it all one zip and calibre can "see" that?
Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Interesting, so you mean after decompression, make it all one zip and calibre can "see" that?
Exactly,

Dale
Old 06-26-2009, 02:52 AM   #5
joedevon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Exactly,

Dale
Excellent, I will try when I have time...been spending way too much of it on getting this one pdf to format properly and not getting work done Viva Addiction.
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 12:40 AM   #6
joedevon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Exactly,

Dale
I tried to make an lrf and the file was huge. Is CHM to LRF the best option?
Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I tried to make an lrf and the file was huge. Is CHM to LRF the best option?
Try and ePUB and see. there are usually lots of links in a CHM which can cause lots of extra data.

Dale
Old 07-10-2009, 05:40 PM   #8
joedevon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Try and ePUB and see. there are usually lots of links in a CHM which can cause lots of extra data.

Dale
Aha!

And maybe this time the resulting file will actually offer more than 4 empty pages visible to SonyR
Old 07-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #9
joedevon
Enthusiast

Worked great! Except that the first page is last, last page is first and TOC is reversed too There must have been an option to do that somewhere
Old 07-11-2009, 11:08 AM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Worked great! Except that the first page is last, last page is first and TOC is reversed too There must have been an option to do that somewhere
You can try hand editing the ePUB file (just unzip it) and then use it as the input.

Dale
Old 07-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
joedevon
Enthusiast

Quote:
You can try hand editing the ePUB file (just unzip it) and then use it as the input.

Dale
Devoted too much time to this already, at least for awhile....I'd buy a reasonably priced converter if I was sure of the quality.

Last edited by joedevon; 07-17-2009 at 12:42 AM.