Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-21-2016, 09:15 PM   #31
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
I didn't try to help.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:44 AM   #32
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
To anyone else having trouble with downloading to the SD card, I may have a work around if you have a PC. Put just the SD card in the computer. You may need an adapter or card reader. Download straight from the computer. This should work for videos and music.
Won't work for apps.

The only help I have for the OP is return the Fire and go with a different company.
You can do Amazon videos on a tablet.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2016, 12:33 PM   #33
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I tried that but they wouldn't play.
My MP3 Audiobooks worked Great Side loaded.... My movies didn't.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:40 PM   #34
jimdays
jimdays began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch WP63GW
OK, I got it working (external sd and internal storage showing up on Windows when Kindle Fire is connected to computer via usb cable). (See screenshot.) I was able to transfer movies from Windows PC to Kindle external SD and watch the movies on the Kindle. I did this as follows:
When the Kindle was connected to PC via usb cable, I didn't see any hidden screen about MTP or camera connection. However, there was a screen in the settings that said something like, "put personal videos and files on sd card". I can't remember exactly what it said, but I ticked that option and then the external SD card showed in Windows. Also I was able to use ES Explorer on the Kindle to play the video that was on the external sd card. Also there were options in the Kindle settings to put downloaded Amazon videos/books/music,etc to the sd card, but I didn't bother ticking those items because as a rule we never buy any Amazon content.

Last edited by jimdays; 03-27-2016 at 08:46 PM.
jimdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:21 PM   #35
cdeviney
cdeviney began at the beginning.

Device: none
See msg # 10 and the link that was provided:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...8307539&sr=1-1
cdeviney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2016, 02:02 PM   #36
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Now I remember. I have had weird things happen with my K5 (especially after loading all those books on the SD card). I just power it off, wait a couple seconds, and power it back on. Always fixes the issue.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote