Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 07-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #31
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I have Mobipocket CEO Martin Gorner's email address. I'll issue the invitation.
oh good. thank you. i feel it's more appropriate coming from you (or, anybody else but me, really ). maybe i'll ask hadrien if he wants to invite bookeen. he knows them already. be sure to let them know it's just an informal thing, with a few people meeting up for drinks.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #32
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh good. thank you. i feel it's more appropriate coming from you (or, anybody else but me, really ). maybe i'll ask hadrien if he wants to invite bookeen. he knows them already. be sure to let them know it's just an informal thing, with a few people meeting up for drinks.
And I suspect the Bookeen people know the Mobi people.

But some of the best things come out of such informal gatherings.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 08:40 PM   #33
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
I would love to go, however I cannot. Hope all those that attend have a wonderful time.
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #34
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
I am so envious. But, even if I were there, I would just be sitting there like an idiot not knowing what anyone was saying.....even if they were speaking English. I'm still trying to figure out what "mobiperl" is. I THINK I have it, but you never know......can you guy keep us posted on how things go???
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #35
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what "mobiperl" is. I THINK I have it, but you never know......
Perl is a programming language designed for manipulating text, originally created by Larry Wall. Depending upon who you talk to, perl is either an acronym for "Practical Extraction and Report Language" or "Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister".

Perl is free and open source, and versions exist for Unix/Linux, Windows, Mac OS/X and others.

MobiPerl is a set of programs written in perl by MR poster tompe to create and manipulate MobiPocket files, and hosted here at MobileRead.

Clearer now?
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #36
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I would like to attend but due to an incident a few years back I am no longer allowed to enter Paris.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newspaper.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	14234  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:19 PM   #37
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I would like to attend but due to an incident a few years back I am no longer allowed to enter Paris.
Ahh, so it was you who opened that portal. They're still tracking its visitors down:

http://www.ectomo.com/index.php/2008.../a-new-tenant/

Cheers,
Marc (a long, long way from Paris, unfortunately)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:08 PM   #38
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Oh, and could we have VR translate those posts for us, please?
Doggone! (that's one serious expletive) Of course I'd love to come but I won't be in Europe until the following week and can't come early. But I will be watching here for posts and photos (and maybe live chat?). You guys are gonna have a blast. Enjoy!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Great googley moogley

I'll actually be in Paris the from August 6th to 13th. Talk about your crummy timing. My crummy timing, actually.

Come to think of it, next week was during the time we were originally planning to be there, but we had to move it for my wife's work.

Now I'm bummed.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 AM   #40
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Hey, this is shaping up to be a good night out - I think it's a great idea and congrats to all those who attend - shame I'm going to miss it!

Quote:
seriously, you can't fit it in your schedule with a FULL WEEK's notice ???
Seriously, I'm booking stuff into the diary for mid-September right now, so no, a week won't cut it, more's the pity!

Cheers, and have a good time. Pete.
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:17 AM   #41
Karel
iRex Community Manager
Karel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litterKarel doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Too bad it is a bit short notice, but I might be able to make it and show my face if there aren't too many angry iLiadians
Karel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:35 AM   #42
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
I had almost scheduled my vacation to Euro Disney for then, but changed to WDW for convenience. I didn't feel like flying 18 hours home just to fly back to Paris.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #43
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
I'll actually be in Paris the from August 6th to 13th. Talk about your crummy timing. My crummy timing, actually.

Come to think of it, next week was during the time we were originally planning to be there, but we had to move it for my wife's work.

Now I'm bummed.
aw ! well that settles it, this will have to be the "first" apéro, not the "only" apéro. we'll do it again, promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
Hey, this is shaping up to be a good night out - I think it's a great idea and congrats to all those who attend - shame I'm going to miss it!

Seriously, I'm booking stuff into the diary for mid-September right now, so no, a week won't cut it, more's the pity!

Cheers, and have a good time. Pete.
another reason to have a second one. with a year and half advance notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel View Post
Too bad it is a bit short notice, but I might be able to make it and show my face if there aren't too many angry iLiadians
well, i'm not angry. of course, i don't have an iliad, so that may explain it. you're welcome to join us ; i'll make an official policy of "no tomato throwing", will that make you feel safer ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
i thought i recognized your name from somewhere. i should have guessed that was you. well, if you ever would like to try to sneak back in (you know, for the tour de france, or something) maybe someone could get you a fake passport. then, you could just wear a false mustache and some sunglasses, and i'm sure you'd get right in with no trouble at all. i could even lend you my sunglasses ; i always carry a spare.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #44
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
i thought i recognized your name from somewhere. i should have guessed that was you. well, if you ever would like to try to sneak back in (you know, for the tour de france, or something) maybe someone could get you a fake passport. then, you could just wear a false mustache and some sunglasses, and i'm sure you'd get right in with no trouble at all. i could even lend you my sunglasses ; i always carry a spare.
We seriously need to watch out for MB. He's clearly an overly talented character who's capable of so much chaos it could cause total devastation around here. I can't wait.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:36 AM   #45
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
We seriously need to watch out for MB. He's clearly an overly talented character who's capable of so much chaos it could cause total devastation around here. I can't wait.
heh heh. me too.

Tags
apéro, duck!, meetup, mobileread, paris