Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 03:56 AM   #271
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Ok. I'd just wanted to make sure you hadn't tried using a Windows PC to validate the SD card

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 08:26 AM   #272
guillefix
guillefix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
PM sent.
Thank you. However, the rootfs partition of the extracted img file seems corrupt.. I run `e2fsck -f AuraHD.img` and it found "Bad magic number in super-block", and it can't mount rootfs..
Advert
Old 07-17-2017, 08:43 AM   #273
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by guillefix View Post
Thank you. However, the rootfs partition of the extracted img file seems corrupt.. I run `e2fsck -f AuraHD.img` and it found "Bad magic number in super-block", and it can't mount rootfs..
Sorry, I don't know. The image was given to me by someone who took it from the SD card in their Aura HD. I have supplied it to a lot of people with no complaints. But, I'm not sure that running e2fsck against the image file makes sense. It is full card, so it has the partition table, three partitions (one is FAT32) plus everything else. I think you would need to unpack it first for that to make sense.

I would suggest writing the image to the an SD card and trying it. If it fails, ten try a factory reset using the buttons. One of the things done during a factory reset is to format the root partition. That should clear it up.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:31 PM   #274
pekmop
pekmop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Help! I need an image for Aura HD, Mine stopped booting. Can anyone point me to a download link?
Thank you.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:13 PM   #275
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Advert
Old 07-26-2017, 02:21 AM   #276
ozturkemre
ozturkemre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I need an image for Aura HD, please.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:40 AM   #277
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 07-31-2017, 02:35 PM   #278
sorbetin
sorbetin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
Hi,
I think mine is bricked as I have tried all other tips without any solution.

Would you kindly send me a copy of the factory image
Thanks in advance
Old 07-31-2017, 09:14 PM   #279
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #280
TFmvdBroek
TFmvdBroek began at the beginning.

It seems this is the only place to get the image for the kobo aura HD. Can anybody help me with that?
Old 08-12-2017, 08:08 PM   #281
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:13 PM   #282
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
Help! I need an image for Aura HD for sd .
Old 08-25-2017, 09:51 PM   #283
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:04 AM   #284
Waldy
Connoisseur
Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Waldy once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo,Tolino,BN,PB,Kindle,Likebook,Inkbook
David, thank you!!!
Old 08-26-2017, 03:32 PM   #285
dragulagu
dragulagu began at the beginning.

Hi, sadly i seem to have managed to brick my aura hd during a firmware push as well. Is it still possible to receive an image of the SD card?
Closed Thread