Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
Configured Transformer Ft101 error

Calibre recognized my device and I configured the device but this is the error I received after restart. Did I do something wrong? Thanks

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.70
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to write data to file, commit failed: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 466, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 161, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 137, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 128, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 33, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 391, in put_file
WPDError: Failed to write data to file, commit failed: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's an error writing a file to your device, try rebooting your device. That might make it go away. Or your device might no support writing of files via MTP into the root folder, in which case calibre will not be able to work with it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
Calibre recognized my device and I configured the device but this is the error I received after restart. Did I do something wrong?
That's an error writing a file to your device, try rebooting your device. That might make it go away. Or your device might no support writing of files via MTP into the root folder, in which case calibre will not be able to work with it.
If it turns out device does support writing files to the root via MTP an alternative would be to use the Calibre Companion App, wireless connection required. It works great on my Nexus 7.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote