Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
betty77
betty77 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
FYI...Nook Touch from staples.com come with wall charger

Just an FYI for those considering buying a Nook Simple Touch. I ordered from staples.com this weekend and my Nook came with the wall charger. The firmware was also only 1.0.0, but I easily upgraded to 1.1 myself.

So if you're really intent on getting a wall charger, you might try stores other than Barnes & Nobles (e.g. Staples, Best Buy, etc..). They might have some old-stock. Just check the back of the box for what is included (might had wall charger listed in the back of the box).
betty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
I assumed the wall charger came with all models...? Mine came with a wall charger and was ordered refurbished from B&N.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
I got a Nook STR from B&N and a Nook Tablet from B&N, and both came with wall chargers.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
bgalbrecht
Wizard
bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bgalbrecht ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle 4
When B&N dropped the price of the Simple Touch to $99, they redid the packaging to just include a USB cable. I don't know about currently shipping refurbs, but ones with new packaging in the B&N stores don't list having a wall charger. When I bought one at a B&N store right before Christmas, it didn't have the charger, but if you buy one from another retailer, they may still have the older packaging with the wall charger. Apparently Staples.com still has the older packaging in stock because the OP just got one.
bgalbrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
VineGal
Enthusiast
VineGal began at the beginning.

Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
Yes, I have seen that.

Purchased 2 Nook Simple Touches at Best Buy-one had wall charger (software v 1.0.0), the other did not have the charger (v 1.0.1)

However, now I'll probably have to return. Getting "Activity Reader Not Responding" after the Nook ST upgraded to 1.1.0

I'll make separate post.
VineGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert