Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #1
Larksong
Larksong began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Read/unread field or button

Feature request: When adding or editing metadata for a title, I would really love to have a data field where one could indicate whether one has or has not read the book -- and I'd like that information to show up on the main library screen, so I can see whether or not I've read a book at a glance when adding/subtracting books from my device. A simple check mark would do the trick.

Right now, I'm handling it by using the ratings column -- no stars means I haven't read it -- but frankly, I'd prefer to be able to award no stars to a few of the books I have read (or left unfinished), because they were so awful that even a single star seems going a bit far.

(I'm not sure if this is the right part of the Calibre forum to post this request in, so if not, please let me know where I should move the request. )

Other than that, I'm a very happy Calibre user!

Thank you,
Larksong
Larksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Watch the advanced UI tutorial here: http://calibre-ebook.com/demo#tutorials
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
That tutorial shows you how to add custom columns to the main GUI.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Larksong
Larksong began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks, Kovid and user_none! The tutorial was great -- very clear and very useful. In addition to solving my feature request perfectly, it also gave me several other helpful tips, which I probably wouldn't have discovered on my own for a while.

Kovid, this is an awesome program. Thank you so much for developing it and making it available! I'll definitely be supporting it over time!
Larksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert