Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-30-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
uenyioha
uenyioha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 700BC
PRS 700 and Adobe Digital Editions

Hi folks,

I just purchased an ePub book from Books on Board but I'm having trouble adding it to my Sony Reader. From all indications I'm supposed to be using Adobe Digital Editions to handle the upload/authorize the device. I can't see the device listed in the program as mentioned in the instructions.

Has anyone been successful in this area?
uenyioha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by uenyioha View Post
Hi folks,

I just purchased an ePub book from Books on Board but I'm having trouble adding it to my Sony Reader. From all indications I'm supposed to be using Adobe Digital Editions to handle the upload/authorize the device. I can't see the device listed in the program as mentioned in the instructions.

Has anyone been successful in this area?
You need to install the Sony eLibrary software in order for DE to recognize your reader. once this happens you need to register your reader to your Adobe ID using DE.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
You need to install the Sony eLibrary software in order for DE to recognize your reader. once this happens you need to register your reader to your Adobe ID using DE.

BOb
That should do it. It worked for me without problems - though I have only 2 drm pdf's so it may have been a fluke

For regular non-drm pdf's you can just dump them in the Library with add files - though it's useful to check/modify the meta-data using a pdf program that allows you that since the Library takes whatever it's there as author/title and so on and you cannot change it directly.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #4
uenyioha
uenyioha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 700BC
Thanks. I actually do have it installed. For some unknown reason I don't see any prompts that on DE that I have the reader plugged in or even to authorize the device. Very strange. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to resolve it? Thanks in advance!
uenyioha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Thanks. I actually do have it installed. For some unknown reason I don't see any prompts that on DE that I have the reader plugged in or even to authorize the device. Very strange. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to resolve it? Thanks in advance!
Did you install the device driver from the disc provided with the reader. I believe it should be:

Windows Driver Package - Sony Corporation (PRSUSB) USB (08/08/2006 1.0.03.08080)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Are you perhaps running 64-bit windows? If so, there is a registry entry you need to create so DE can find the driver. There is a sticky thread about that I think.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #7
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
For me the PRS 700 appears under bookshelf when I plugged it in and DE is running.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liviu_5 View Post
For me the PRS 700 appears under bookshelf when I plugged it in and DE is running.
This is the same for me also. I am assuming also that you have authorized your computer with an Adobe account. Click on the library option dropdown menu and pick authorize computer.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe digital editions, epub, prs 700