Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-13-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
files only read

My Odyssey files is only read how do i change dem.
I've tried 'chown -R [name] *' and 'chgrp -R [name] *' and they don't work
I've also reset it and it didn't help.
Pleas help

Vblars
vblars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
As it seams you using linux, it will mount read only if the memory is corrupted. Backup, then, format (to FAT32)
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It could also be a simple permission issue, depending on how the filesystem was mounted. chown/chgrp doesn't really change anything about it, as FAT32 does not have the capability to support Linux permission and group ownership system. These permissions are determined at mount time. So if you're not the owner of those files it was simply mounted wrong.

User friendly distros like Ubuntu usually do the right thing by default; on other systems, you may have to create an fstab entry so the user will be allowed to mount, and actually mount it as user then, or supply the proper mount options.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #4
vblars
Enthusiast
vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.vblars could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Okay thanks for your help but I didn't have a windows pc. And I couldn't format my reader.
But I can use my sd card so I will do that until I find a solution.

Vblars
Old 12-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Just out of curiosity: why do you need to change the rights?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
vblars
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Just out of curiosity: why do you need to change the rights?
I can't put any books on my reader.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:02 PM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Ups, that's bad. I store my books on the sd-card anyway but it should of course be possible directly on the reader, too.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Can you copy the files as root, or is the unit mounted in read-only mode?

In any case, as frostschutz that should be managed by the OS, you may have to touch fstab or some GUI utility.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you're using Linux, or any other Unix-based PC, a read-only file system is a sure sign of a corrupted file system. You need to reformat the partition as FAT32. And make sure that you never, EVER, unplug the reader without properly dismounting it first.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
vblars
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If you're using Linux, or any other Unix-based PC, a read-only file system is a sure sign of a corrupted file system. You need to reformat the partition as FAT32. And make sure that you never, EVER, unplug the reader without properly dismounting it first.
I have format my reader as FAT32 but now can't I use my readers memory(disk) and now I can only use my sd-card.
I did as EowynCarter suggested in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=2 and every time I restart my reader it ask for language setting.

Vblars
Old 12-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vblars View Post
I did as EowynCarter suggested in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13&postcount=2 and every time I restart my reader it ask for language setting.
That's because your file system is still damaged, and so the Odyssey can't store the settings you've chosen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
vblars
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's because your file system is still damaged, and so the Odyssey can't store the settings you've chosen.
Yea thanks but how do I fix it ??

Vblars
Old 12-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Format again, and make sure it's FAT32, no ext3 as it's linux's default. Got the same problem and went wondering until :
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
vblars
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Format again, and make sure it's FAT32, no ext3 as it's linux's default. Got the same problem and went wondering until :
Thank you EowynCarter, but it did not work. I format 6 times in FAT32.
I used GParted to format.
Some idea of ​​how I solve this problem?

Vblars
Old 12-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #15
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
if gparted created a partition table, that may be your problem
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote