Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 09-23-2021, 05:19 PM   #406
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Unless it's yet another case of the Scramble pass "fixing" edge-casey CSS bits?

(e.g., try the scrambled version on your end, @Lykke?)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 09:15 AM   #407
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
CSS even? Not just weird issues with the ZIP file itself? :P

Quote:
I assume that'll just work, hence my follow-up suggestion. But yes, I should've explicitly said to try that first.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2021, 11:11 AM   #408
R-Typer
R-Typer began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3
On Inkpad 3, KOReader cant access internet and update itself.

Hello!

First, huge thanks for making KOReader! I love it!

I have Pocketbook Inkpad 3 with latest official system update and KOReader 08.2021 version installed via USB by copying it to the root folder.

KOReader is working fine and no problems reading books, configuring and such. But, I have not been able to use Wikipedia and Translate options inside KOReader. It would ask to turn on the Wifi and I would confirm it and it would just do nothing after that. No messages at all.

Today I tried to update KOReader to latest 09.2021 version and it would just ask me to turn on Wifi and it would show hour glass for a second or two and it would show no update screens or show any kind of error messages or progress.

Wifi is enabled and is working properly in Pocketbook System OS menu. I can go on internet via built-in browser or sync my Dropbox account and transfer books to internal sdcard. So thats working fine.

Can you please advise me how to update KOReader via its internal Update feature. I would also love to be able to use Wikipedia and Translate features as well.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!!!

PS.
I used KOReader before on my Kobo Clara HD and Update, Translate and Wikipedia worked just fine. So it did work there.
R-Typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:15 PM   #409
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

I have the same issue with the scrambled epub file. It only occurs when embedded style is set to on. Attaching the sdr folder as a ZIP file, in case it's useful.
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 01:34 PM   #410
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Typer View Post
Hello!

First, huge thanks for making KOReader! I love it!

I have Pocketbook Inkpad 3 with latest official system update and KOReader 08.2021 version installed via USB by copying it to the root folder.

KOReader is working fine and no problems reading books, configuring and such. But, I have not been able to use Wikipedia and Translate options inside KOReader. It would ask to turn on the Wifi and I would confirm it and it would just do nothing after that. No messages at all.

Today I tried to update KOReader to latest 09.2021 version and it would just ask me to turn on Wifi and it would show hour glass for a second or two and it would show no update screens or show any kind of error messages or progress.

Wifi is enabled and is working properly in Pocketbook System OS menu. I can go on internet via built-in browser or sync my Dropbox account and transfer books to internal sdcard. So thats working fine.

Can you please advise me how to update KOReader via its internal Update feature. I would also love to be able to use Wikipedia and Translate features as well.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!!!

PS.

I used KOReader before on my Kobo Clara HD and Update, Translate and Wikipedia worked just fine. So it did work there.
Wifi goes to sleep very quickly on Pocketbooks, so it's difficult to use it with KoReader.
For the OTA update I activate it via the PB task manager or from the homescreen dropdown menu, open a book with KoReader and go directly to the update function. This works 95% of the time.
As soon as you get the WiFi popup dialogue in KoReader, there's no chance of it working. You need to go back to the PB system and turn it off and on again.

Last edited by LucyOne; 09-25-2021 at 03:07 AM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2021, 02:24 PM   #411
R-Typer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
Wifi goes to sleep vety quickly on Pocketbooks, so it's difficult to use it with KoReader.
For the OTA update I activate it via the PB task manager or from the homescreen dropdown menu, open a book with KoReader and go directly to the update function. This works 95% of the time.
As soon as you get the WiFi popup dialogue in KoReader, there's no chance of it working. You need to go back to the PB system and turn it off and on again.
Many thanks for your response! I did as you suggested but it didnt work. Tried dozen times with no success.

But what I did then: I connected KOReader with Calibre server and started transfering ebooks and at the moment it was done with the transfer I hit Update and it did update KOReader then.
Old 10-06-2021, 09:58 AM   #412
ldmobi
Enthusiast
ldmobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, with the 09.2021 update it looks like the settings for highlights are not book-specific anymore.

I remember I could disable highlights on books I read in bed (so I could grab the ereader even putting fingers on the screen, without fear of accidentally turning pages) and keep highlight functions on other books.

Is there a way to have this settings made specific for each book?
ldmobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:55 AM   #413
R-Typer

Hello!

Is it safe to download and install the latest Pocketbook firmware for Inkpad 3? Will KOReader continue to work?
Old 12-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #414
R-Typer

Ok, I went ahead and installed Firmware v.6.5.765 on my pocketbook Inkpad 3.

KOReader 2021.11 "November Leaves" version seems to work just fine. I noticed when KOReader asks to Turn WiFi On it actually works. Wikipedia and Translate options work now, and they didnt work on previous firmware. The most exciting thing is how fast cold boot is now. Its twice as fast than before.

The bad thing is that Dropbox in Pocketbook OS doesnt synchronize anymore. It just says Network Error message and does nothing. So you lose that function.

Last edited by R-Typer; 12-11-2021 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:12 AM   #415
serjls
serjls began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo, PocketBook 626
Hello!
PocketBook 740, firmware 6.5.*, KOreader 2021.11 and current night. When you wake up from sleep, the screen turns white. Updating the page does not help, only the status bar appears. After turning the page, everything returns to normal. Can this be fixed?
Thank you!
serjls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #416
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by serjls View Post
Hello!
PocketBook 740, firmware 6.5.*, KOreader 2021.11 and current night. When you wake up from sleep, the screen turns white. Updating the page does not help, only the status bar appears. After turning the page, everything returns to normal. Can this be fixed?
Thank you!
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8187 ?
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8352 ?
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8415 ?

EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 10:15 AM   #417
serjls
serjls began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo, PocketBook 626
Ok thanks! I didn't realize to look.
serjls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:45 AM   #418
Dakuwaqua
Dakuwaqua began at the beginning.

Device: PB623
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
Thanks for everyone here. The framebuffer issue on PocketBook devices should be solved on the next koreader nightly release.
Hey. I want to ask if you managed to solve the problem with white lines in black. It is still happening, but only in the menu and lower status bar. I couldn't find any more info about this on the forum.
Dakuwaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 11:01 PM   #419
iusc12
iusc12 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Something KOreader can help with?

Apologies for the noob question. Recently purchased the Pocketbook HD 3 which I really like so far except for one thing.

When I listen to an MP3 audiobook in the background while I read the ebook simultaneously, I can't find an easy way to pause the audio. Instead, the fastest way I've found is to bring down the top bar on the ebook, open the task manager, and switch over to the audiobook just to pause. This takes about 5 seconds, so when I'm reading in my second language to look up a word or something like that, it just doesn't work great.

Would getting KOreader on my device be able to help with this? Thanks!
iusc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 03:32 AM   #420
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Probably not, unless there's an easy programmatic way to trigger play/pause, in which case that might be easier to assign a gesture to or something than in the default software.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook