Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-13-2021, 01:47 PM   #1
bubblegirl11
bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bubblegirl11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Post Is there a way to set the reflowable format into a fixed format?

So the other day I started reading this free piece from Amazon that I was really attracted to, the aesthetics and sample of the writing style were so unique that I was completely hooked, even thought it was not a popular ebook or writer at all.

However, when I bought it, it was apparently a reflowable format and all the aesthetics and even the contents got mixed up so bad that my experience just became horrible.

Is there any way I can revert it to a fixed layout now? Thank you in advance.
bubblegirl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #2
Sarmat89
Evangelist
Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sarmat89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That is not a trivial task, but it is definitely doable. Remove all the fixed layout styling and treat the rest as if it was a PDF-to-html dump.
Sarmat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 04:44 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
It is likely that it is the other way around. The book was probably incorrectly published based on a fixed-layout EPUB and now you need to turn it into a reflowable format in order for it to render in a readable fashion.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:39 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegirl11 View Post
So the other day I started reading this free piece from Amazon that I was really attracted to, the aesthetics and sample of the writing style were so unique that I was completely hooked, even thought it was not a popular ebook or writer at all.

However, when I bought it, it was apparently a reflowable format and all the aesthetics and even the contents got mixed up so bad that my experience just became horrible.

Can you tell us what book this is? Chances are that you like the new previewer that Amazon is using and didn't like the eBook's reflowable layout. If it's just a regular novel, then it would not be fixed layout.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegirl11 View Post

Wait--you mean that it worked in the LookInside or the free sample, but NOT in the downloadable, purchased eBook? If the answer to that is yes, can you give us a link?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote