Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-13-2021, 07:03 PM   #1
ambition-kinsman
ambition-kinsman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
How to delete Kobo series / empty series

Hi everyone!

I have a Kobo Clara HD which I set up following the "registration bypassing" technique (shown here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=217160). I don't know if it matters but at least it's said.

I have multiple series which I have not created, everything was there by default. In each of the series there is supposedly 1 book, but when I click on the serie it says "You have no books yet".
It also appears in the "authors" tab where there are authors which I don't read with 1 book, and when I click it says "You have no books yet".
See at the end of the post for images.

This "bug" is quite annoying because it mess with my stats and the authors/series tabs are completely unusable.

I have tried to delete the .kobo/kepub folder, as well as modify the .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite database, but to no avail.

Would anyone be able to provide guidance on what could I do to fix it?

Thank you very much
AK

Last edited by issybird; 01-13-2021 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Oversize images deleted; see post below.
ambition-kinsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 07:10 PM   #2
ambition-kinsman

Well I'm quite sorry for these big ass images. I can't edit the post because it's been more than 5 minutes but if a moderator comes by, please change the images by these one.

Advert
Old 01-13-2021, 07:22 PM   #3
ambition-kinsman

Edit: re-read the https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=82178 thread, and I must have done it wrong the first time because this time it worked...

Last edited by issybird; 01-13-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:53 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
From memory, the cause of this is that you haven't registered the device properly. The empty database on the new device has some book details in them. When you go through the setup process properly, the database is recreated in a way that these books do not exist. There was some discussion on this, but, I do not remember what the conclusion was. My general opinion is to just do the setup and use a fake email address.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote