Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 10:28 PM   #1
MadMopar
MadMopar began at the beginning.

Device: None
Remove Authors Name From Converted Titles

Hi All. New here, so bear with me.

I guess my issue is a little strange. I have tried searching for this issue.

When I convert a book, I do my own naming (i.e.: 6 - Title of book).

I manually change this in the conversion/Title block.

The converted title ends up with ' 6 - Title (sometimes chopped off) - Author'.

I already sort my books by author/series/sub-series/etc.

How do I get rid of the ' - Author' in the tile of the converted file. Right now I have to override the title manually after conversion.

I've tried hacking (thank goodness for the restore to default buttons) with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
MadMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Are you talking about the format of file names inside the Calibre library? If so then you have no control over that - it is always constructed from the title and author fields. There is a forum sticky about this. You should treat the internals of a library as a ‘black box’ as meddling with files there outside Calibre will break a Calibre library as it is critical that the names there match the Calibre metadata.

You DO have control over the names used when exporting books from the Calibre library using one of the Send To methods, but it does not sound as if this is what you are asking about?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2018, 12:21 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Are you talking about the format of file names inside the Calibre library? If so then you have no control over that - it is always constructed from the title and author fields. There is a forum sticky about this. You should treat the internals of a library as a ‘black box’ as meddling with files there outside Calibre will break a Calibre library as it is critical that the names there match the Calibre metadata.

You DO have control over the names used when exporting books from the Calibre library using one of the Send To methods, but it does not sound as if this is what you are asking about?

Here's the sticky ==>> Want to change folder structure or file names in the Calibre library?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:55 PM   #4
MadMopar
MadMopar began at the beginning.

Device: None
I guess I need to clarify some.

To be totally honest, I never really thought/realized about using Calibre as the Library manager.

I just save my books under Author-Series-Vol # Title on my HD. I don't use a library. I maintain a program/database.

Thanks for helping.
MadMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 11:02 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Look into just using the command line to do conversions; they won't be added to the database and you select the name to use (and location to save the converted file).

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gen...k-convert.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert