Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #31
yxelize
yxelize began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Muse Essential
Thank you very much! I was always assuming that Browse, in the Library Section, would allow me to browse my Library! hahaha. That needs to be more clear. Thanks again.
yxelize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:43 AM   #32
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
I checked my Muse and the bug with finger-swiping causing a full refresh shows up for me as well. I've entered a support ticket to make sure Bookeen are aware of this.
It's not a bug, it's a feature for bookeen.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 05:07 AM   #33
Zilov
Enthusiast
Zilov began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2, Nook STwGL, Bookeen Muse
As for my first impression from Muse Frontlight:

I couldn't concern benefits and advantage of CyBook Muse Frontlight, everyone knows that.

The main disappointment I faced with was the problem of sleep mode, that is:
15-20 min and more after I put Muse in sleep mode pressing power button to wake up makes the reader to boot on from darkness.
It means that reader silently switches off fully! Full switch-off instead of sleep mode.

If any book was opened before this strange "sleep-mode" Muse loses the point of reading progress!

The second one is the fact that sometimes Muse doesn't reply to page buttons pressing, it stays frozen for 2-3 sec and I need to press button again.

The third problem is poor touch sensitivity in the the screen's corners.

PS: Excuse me for my weak English. I hope the facts are clean for you.

Last edited by Zilov; 01-22-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Zilov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:35 AM   #34
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilov View Post
As for my first impression from Muse Frontlight:

I couldn't concern benefits and advantage of CyBook Muse Frontlight, everyone knows that.

The main disappointment I faced with was the problem of sleep mode, that is:
15-20 min and more after I put Muse in sleep mode pressing power button to wake up makes the reader to boot on from darkness.
It means that reader silently switches off fully! Full switch-off instead of sleep mode.
On previous product, the way Bookeen manage the "sleep mode" was that the device stay in Sleep Mode for about 24 hours before going to Off Mode.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #35
Zilov
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
On previous product, the way Bookeen manage the "sleep mode" was that the device stay in Sleep Mode for about 24 hours before going to Off Mode.
WTF

But my experience shows even less than 24h.
I hadn't such problem with any e-reader I've used before!
Advert
Old 01-22-2015, 07:32 AM   #36
Godzil

BTW when it switch from Sleep to Off mode, the bookmark is not lost, so what you experience is clearly something else.

I suspect two possible problems.

First: There is a problem with the power button, and it stay "pressed" at some point and that shutdown the device
Second: There is a big bug that do a kernel panic, or anything like this and the device reset and power down.

What does it display in this case?
Old 01-22-2015, 10:46 AM   #37
Zilov
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
First: There is a problem with the power button, and it stay "pressed" at some point and that shutdown the device
The power button seems to be OK. If I press it again in 15-20 min Muse ALWAYS wakes quickly from sleep-mode.

And always Muse shows "I'm in sleep-mode". Then it switches off it shows "The devise was switched-off"

The fact is that after 15-20-25 min Muse just pretending sleep-mode, really it is already shutdowned.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #38
Flinx
Connoisseur
Flinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of lightFlinx is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Cybook Muse Frontlight, Cybook Odyssey
Zilov, I can confirm this problem. In one case the Muse even did forget the book I started to read and in the start page it did show the previous book. I am not sure in which case the position is saved at all, at least if you shut down manually it works.
Flinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #39
Zilov
Enthusiast

I've changed the device today in the shop. Now the sleep mode problem is gone away.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:15 PM   #40
Zilov
Enthusiast

The Carta screen serial number starts with BK646
The Pearl screen serial number starts with BK616
Old 01-29-2015, 05:16 AM   #41
Godzil

Hu? What do you mean?
Old 01-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #42
Zilov
Enthusiast

I mean that part of Muse Frontlight comes with Carta display, another one with Pearl.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:50 AM   #43
Godzil

And there is no way to know which one you will get before?

How do you know that one of them is a carta screen?
Old 01-29-2015, 11:07 AM   #44
Zilov
Enthusiast

I said: by s/n. :-)

The Carta screen serial number starts with BK646
The Pearl screen serial number starts with BK616
Old 01-29-2015, 11:11 AM   #45
Godzil

You can't tell when buying on their website, there is NOTHING that says which screen you may get.

How can you be sure that the BK646 is a carta screen, and the BK616 is a pearl?