Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #16
the.Mtn.Man
Guru
the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.the.Mtn.Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkmacintosh View Post
I contacted Kobo today and they told me that I couldn't use Calibre with the Kobo Touch - just Adobe DE.
Yes, that's the official line. Calibre is third-party software that is not developed or supported by Kobo, so they make no guarantees concerning it. However, it is safe to use. The current database error is, I understand, caused by something hinky in the Kobo Touch firmware, and with luck Kobo will have it fixed by the next update.
the.Mtn.Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
I find this so odd as I am having no issues atm (nadda). I really do wonder what is different for you guys (kiwipippa 'n co.)???
I recently added the Kobo Touch to my Ereader collection and loaded my PD books using Calibre.

I spent hours updating covers and meta data only to have NONE of the updates show up on the KT. So I too would like to know what's up with that?

Converting every Epub to Epub again (I read that solution here) is not something that I want to spend time on for a few hundred books. What is the simpler more recent (I realize that this is an old thread) alternative to correct this problem? If I over looked it here in the Forum, please just point me via a link to the proper post or thread.

As always, thanks for reading.
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #18
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
There is logic in the Kobo driver to upload covers to the Touch... I will admit though I'm not quite sure how it works!

Let me experiment and see if anything happens for me.

Hmmm...

Well; I tried two books; both contain front covers which are within the books. In calibre both also contain a cover.jpg image in their respective directories. I edited one of the cover.jpg before the upload. On the Kobo the one book with an edited cover.jpg, this is the image displayed for all thumbnails along with the image displayed as the first page in the eBook.

When a book is uploaded a second time, the driver is able to determine the existing "id" for the book on the Kobo and can replace the existing cover images with new ones.

Last edited by PeterT; 04-12-2012 at 12:23 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #19
1stSEA
1stSEA began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Solved here.
I had same problem. I tried to delete all books but one not being shown. It did not work.
I did it from PC. Also I had folder "fonts" where I uploaded additional fonts. I removed it - and my problematic book appeared!

Just note - when I say "deleted", I actually moved books (and fonts) to PC, not using Calibre but from computer where kobo shown as drive.
1stSEA is offline   Reply With Quote