Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-10-2018, 06:08 PM   #61
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox 60, Onyx Boox Max Carta, Wexler Flex One
On onyx website, chinese language, I have found this image in homepage

http://cn.boox.com/images/Products/N...0910144429.jpg

I don't know chinese, what is this? A notice about new firmware for old model? Will be available on worldwide ?
AlexKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:25 PM   #62
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
On onyx website, chinese language, I have found this image in homepage

http://cn.boox.com/images/Products/N...0910144429.jpg

I don't know chinese, what is this? A notice about new firmware for old model? Will be available on worldwide ?
It's a notice about a firmware update for old models. Doesn't say anything about a worldwide rollout.

However, they seem to roll out the updates in China first before releasing them to the rest of the world so I would imagine that we will eventually see it as well.

I'm hoping that the update will also be for the original Max and not just the Max Carta.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #63
andrewtm
andrewtm can extract oil from cheeseandrewtm can extract oil from cheeseandrewtm can extract oil from cheeseandrewtm can extract oil from cheeseandrewtm can extract oil from cheeseandrewtm can extract oil from cheeseandrewtm can extract oil from cheeseandrewtm can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx i86ML Plus
Hi!

I've asked a question regarding update for i86ML Plus on the boox messenger channel and have received an (somewhat frustrating) answer:

Quote:
Hello! I own an i86 HDML Onyx Boox. Tell me please if there will be a firmware update for this? The current version on my boox is 1.8.2. I've seen this site http://www.onyx-international.com/en...pport/firmware but because it is in chinese I cannot understand wether there is or will be update 1.9.1 for my i86HDML (international version)

Reply: Mo 9:57
Hi, the latest firmwares for all models for now are already on our official website. We do not know yet, if a firmware update for international version old models will be released.
andrewtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:48 AM   #64
filippo80x
filippo80x began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
1.9.1 for Max, Max Carta and N96 series

Hi,

it seems that 1.9.1 firmware for Max, Max Carta and N96 series have been released in China one month ago. See:

http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...read&tid=31507
http://bbs.onyx-international.com.cn...read&tid=31509

For Max and Max Carta the only way to upgrade is through OTA .

I tried to switch my Max to Chinese and then to upgrade the firmware with no success. Any one knows how to do this from Europe?
filippo80x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 05:37 AM   #65
Icey
Connoisseur
Icey began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx max
How can i upgrade the firmware of the Onyx Max 1
Icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #66
AlexKidd
Enthusiast
AlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheeseAlexKidd can extract oil from cheese

nowadays the firmware for old models is not yet released, it's only available through a restricted group on wechat
Old 10-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #67
UncleZeno
Connoisseur
UncleZeno began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx N96ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKidd View Post
nowadays the firmware for old models is not yet released, it's only available through a restricted group on wechat
Very bad.
Infinite waiting. They could release for everybody, eventually reporting it as a beta.

Week after week I am more and more happy I did not buy another Onyx device.
UncleZeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #68
filippo80x
filippo80x began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max
A chinese realase of the 1.9.1 firmware for Max, Max Carta, N96, M96 and several other models seems to be available on Baidu. Download links are here

http://www.sohu.com/a/258449995_99949461

and here

https://kknews.cc/digital/jbpmepe.html

Actually I don't have a pan.baidu accout, so I can't download the files. Any help for this would be much appreciated.
filippo80x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:41 AM   #69
cicabum
Addict
cicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud ofcicabum has much to be proud of

Device: Onyx Note3, Nova3, Hisense A5, Hisense Q5, Dasung Paperlike Pro-f
Quote:
Originally Posted by filippo80x View Post
A chinese realase of the 1.9.1 firmware for Max, Max Carta, N96, M96 and several other models seems to be available on Baidu. Download links are here

http://www.sohu.com/a/258449995_99949461

and here

https://kknews.cc/digital/jbpmepe.html

Actually I don't have a pan.baidu accout, so I can't download the files. Any help for this would be much appreciated.
Changing the language to chinese it's possibile to upgrade via OTA as well
cicabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 05:52 AM   #70
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Uh... I was trying to update for M96, but...

- Capacitive touch and infrared touch models no longer support handwriting related functions in reading. The original PDF has been handwritten and commented, and no longer supports adding new handwriting;

- Capacitive touch and infrared touch models do not support the new version of the note application, retaining the old note application;

- 1.9.1 The data structure has changed. After upgrading, it cannot be downgraded, otherwise the reader will not be able to open;
Upgrade content

[...]

- The reason for the Android version is that the google play store is no longer supported;

M96 has a capacitive touch? The stylus use the infrared one or what?... and: what Android version?

f.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #71
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I installed it. I'm not impressed.
On my M96 it seems slow as before (slower?).
First impressions:

- THERE IS NO BENEFIT using the stylus with Android Apps (sigh)
- Onyx Reader is disappeared (ouch...)
- the notes app seems better than before

More coming

Fabrizio
Old 10-27-2018, 01:01 PM   #72
AlexKidd
Enthusiast

Are you speaking chinese?

After you have logged in with a bidu account it's possible to download throught a direct link? I wish to try the last version for Max Carta

I'm waiting to read your next impressions.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #73
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

- there is no more google Play (but this can be a chinese related problem)
Old 10-27-2018, 01:39 PM   #74
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

I used the cicabum suggestion to install the update
Old 10-27-2018, 03:59 PM   #75
AlexKidd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
- there is no more google Play (but this can be a chinese related problem)
I felt it would happen, hence there is only the new e-ink app store?

Which version of Android is used? 4, 4.4 or 6.0?

Last edited by AlexKidd; 10-27-2018 at 04:39 PM.