Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-15-2018, 01:43 PM   #61
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
How do you achieve this? In the tweak for Author_sort, I use 'copy'. What value do you use?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Author sort just uses the base for the standard copy , as usual It ignores the (trans)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 PM   #62
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I have managed to create a long text column listing all the values in other columns so I can copy it to comments and have all that metadata in catalogs and book jackets. It took a while to get it but it looks great!

<b>Original File Name: </b>{#original_file_name}<br><br>
<b>Calibre Library: </b>{#calibrelibrary}<br><br>
<b>All the book sources: </b>{#all_the_book_sources}<br><br>
<b>Book Style: </b>{#book_style}<br><br>
<b>Date Added: </b>{#dateadded}<br><br>
<b>Details: </b>{#details}<br><br>
<b>GR AR: </b>{#gr1}<br><br>
<b>Pages: </b> {#pages}<br><br>
<b>Word: </b> {#word}<br><br>
<b>Gunning Fog: </b>{#gfog}<br><br>
<b>ENF: </b>{#enf}<br><br>
<b>Genre: </b>{#genre}<br><br>
<b>Review: </b>{#gr_review}<br><br>

Last edited by Rellwood; 09-03-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:25 AM   #63
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
What does everyone use for books that are in the same world? What do you call the custom column and I'm assuming its using - text, column shown in tag browser? I have multiple series that need to be ordered in one world and then worlds that may also be linked.

Thanks,

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:37 AM   #64
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
What does everyone use for books that are in the same world? What do you call the custom column and I'm assuming its using - text, column shown in tag browser? I have multiple series that need to be ordered in one world and then worlds that may also be linked.

Thanks,

Inukami
I just use hierarchical series

Sometimes I flip portions of the series name ( Manage Series plugin make renaming and ordering easier)
Others, I prepend the root universe/world
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Series-Hirarchial.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	172104  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #65
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just assign icons to each User Category #universe child tag value.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	universe category icons.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	172105  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:19 AM   #66
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:

Thanks,

Inukami
I use two series columns. For books that are just in a series, only the first column is used. For books that are in a series that is itself in a universe sequence of series, I use the first for the universe name, and the second for the series name.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:20 AM   #67
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have:
  • Parts: Comma separate text, giving the individual names for omnibus editions
  • Subseries: Really handy for Raymond E Feist's works!
  • Finished: The date I first finished reading the book. Left blank for books I finished long ago before I started recording info like this.
  • Read: Yes/No. Blank for books I haven't read and don't intend to read, but keep around for reference or to avoid wondering what happened to that book.
  • Price: Price paid in £. (Roughly converted from dollars for earlier books bought from Baen/Fictionwise.)
  • Pages: integer. Number of pages in the ePub version of the book
  • Shops: Where I bought the book. Comma separated text, as sometimes I've got a book from more than one place.
I haven't had to add anything to my list of columns yet.

[EDIT: Actually, I realise I have added a column for 'original format' - MOBI, AZW3, EPUB, etc.]

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-27-2019 at 03:41 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:39 AM   #68
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:

Thanks,

Inukami

Additional columns:
* Series 1 Name;
* Series 1 Number;
* Series 2 Name;
* Series 2 Number;
* Series 3 Name;
* Series 3 Name;
* Series 4 Name;
* Series 4 Number;
* Series 5 Name;
* Series 5 Number;

Using Star Trek as an example.
Series 1 is _Star Trek_;
Series 2 is the specific series within Star Trek. EG: Star Trek: Voyager
Series 3 are either subsets, or cross-over series.

Using a slightly different genre
Debbie Macomber
Series 1: Kitsap Penisula Stories
Series 2: Cedar Cove
Series 3: Rose Harbor
Series 4: Orchard Valley
Series 5: Blossom Street

(Does _Orchard Valley_ really fit into that set? Somewhere I read that Debbie Macomber considered _Blossom Street_ to be part of the same world as _Rose Harbor_ and _Cedar Cove_.)
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:07 AM   #69
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I have Price and Read (Yes/No). I have separate libraries for the big 4 (Amazon, Kobo, B&N and Baen). My 5th library (everything else) uses tags to identify where it came from). I don't actually care where it came from after I've read it as it's in my library completed. Only Amazon has ever provided updates, so no need to track.

I do like Paul's idea of a column for subseries. Wasn't an issue before, but now that I'm starting some of those Star Trek books I've had for ages, I can see where it might be very useful.

Last edited by Tarana; 06-26-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:37 PM   #70
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast
Angel Crawford began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Quote:

Thanks,

Inukami
I use a Tag for this. I have the Tag "Universum" and store an Sub-Tag with the Name of the Universum. But I only have four of this.
If it will get more, than I think I will add a second Series column for this.
Angel Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, custom columns, fields, metadata