Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
pwright2
Connoisseur
pwright2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sidelaunchers won't work for me

I've got a rooted Kindle Fire2. I've tried glovebox and swapps and sidebar. All load and configure just fine. But they don't work. Swip, swipe, swap - nothing appears.

Is it a Kindle thing or am I doing something wrong? Anyone else using one?'

-----Paul-----
pwright2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
The Amazon ROM lacks certain Android features so that it works smoother. I'm pretty sure that's the season the sidebars aren't working. They draw on top of everything.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #3
pwright2
Connoisseur

Soon after my posting, Sidebar started working. And it is really nice. But undependable. Sometimes I can get it to pop our easily. Other times (probably app dependent) I can't get it to pop out at all. Sometimes I wish there were a few physical buttons that could be assigned actions.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #4
VaultBoy
Addict
VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaultBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle of many shapes, PIPBoy 3000
Some launchers have gestures that you can map to certain functions.

And, I think there's some apps that do the same thing, but can be used almost anywhere else (in other apps to do certain things, barring a similar gesture being used in the app).
VaultBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
pwright2
Connoisseur

Thank you, VaultBoy. I never think about gestures. Sidebar doesn't seem to support anything other than its edge swipe but perhaps there will be some other program, as you suggested.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #6
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I am running glove box on a NON rooted KF first gen (2011) with GO launcher EX.
It has changed My user experience!!!
Actual multitasking with no returning to the home screen.

Excellent!!.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #7
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
I am running glove box on a NON rooted KF first gen (2011) with GO launcher EX.
It has changed My user experience!!!
Actual multitasking with no returning to the home screen.

Excellent!!.
I LOVE Glovebox. It works perfect on my little tiny Android phone running Gingerbread too.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
rmn_cats
rmn_cats began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
Unity Launcher is also an "edge" launcher and it works on my non-rooted 1st Gen Kindle Fire along with Go Launcher EX.
rmn_cats is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fire2, glovebox, launcher, sidebar