Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 07:19 AM   #811
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-t1, tablet, Nook Simple, assorted kindles, iPad
R. L. Stevensons "St. Yves" finished and uploaded. I really enjoyed reading that one; much more humour than one normally finds in his books.
Over the summer hols I'll be proofreading (in Norwegian) "Moglunten" by Ivar Forsberg, and "Sven Bidevind" and "Guttedager" by Bernt Lie, and hopefully slog through the final chapter of meteorological observations in "Our Polar Flight"

....and "Selvmorderklubben" by R.L. Stevenson.

Last edited by SBT; 07-15-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Forgot a book....
SBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #812
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Our Mutual Friend, by Charles Dickens

Just uploaded a thoroughly-proofed version of "Our Mutual Friend" by Charles Dickens; his last completed novel, and perhaps my favourite of all his novels.

This is an extremely long book, and it's taken me a little over two months to proof-read it, spending a couple of hours a day on it. I'd estimate that I corrected an average of 5 or so errors per page (mostly punctuation, but a fair number of "real" errors, too). There was also the usual issue of missing text, which underlines the importance of proofing against a printed edition, and not just taking the eBook in isolation.

I've also replaced all the illustrations, taking them from a scan of an 1907 Macmillan edition at "archive.org"; the previous versions of the illustrations weren't very good.

As usual, I've uploaded LRF (obsolete, I know, but someone may still want it!), Mobi, and ePub editions of the book.

On to the unfinished "Edwin Drood" next which will, I believe (and I do need to check this) complete my "set" of fully-proofed Dickens novels (although there's a fair amount of other stuff to be done, yet).

Hope other people find this novel as enjoyable as I do.

I should add that I'd now regard this as a finished work. If you find even the most trivial error remaining it in, please let me know so that I can correct it. Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #813
Araucaria
Bibliophile
Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Araucaria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW2, Moon Pro on Lenovo tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
On to the unfinished "Edwin Drood" next which will, I believe (and I do need to check this) complete my "set" of fully-proofed Dickens novels (although there's a fair amount of other stuff to be done, yet).
Could you do us all a favour and finish it, please? I'm dying to know whether Jasper really did it, or not.
Araucaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #814
SBT
Fanatic
SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SBT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now working on "Skatten paa Sjørøverøen", (Treasure Island), by R.L. Stevenson.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #815
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Next projects:

Miau, by Benito Pérez Galdós (Spanish) - Finishing smoothreading.
Le rouge et le Noir, by Stendhal (French) - Awaiting smoothreading.
À se tordre, by Alphonse Allais (French) - Awaiting smoothreading.

(Nothing in English for the moment, I'm reading othe people's ebooks or non-PD works.)
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:04 AM   #816
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Started now on "The Call of the Wild" by Jack London.

I've got all the text in but have none of the formatting or the graphical elements that appears to be in some of the early editions. I've got a 1915 edition with some brilliant looking chapter heading graphics and lots of pictures, I just need to find a cleaner version to extract them from and then confirm their copyright status.

And lets not forget the proof-reading. As it's short, I wont be stuck for months like I was with White Fang.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:34 AM   #817
SBT
Fanatic

Now working on R.L. Stevenson "Mesteren av Ballantrae" and Conan Doyle "Hunden fra Baskerville", both in Norwegian.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #818
SBT
Fanatic

Now working on 'Onkel Bernac' (in Norwegian) by Arthur Conan Doyle.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #819
SBT
Fanatic

... and now working on Johannes Knudsen:"Den danske ishavsfarer Jens Munk".
In the pipeline: Alexander Kielland:"Jacob", Wilhelm Krag:"Heirefjæren", Vilhjalmur Stefansson:"Hunters of the North"
----
... and also "Storhertuginnen av Speilsalen" by Stein Riverton

Last edited by SBT; 10-18-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #820
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
As much as I have lurked on these forums, I am still not sure where to post this question. Moderators, please move me to a more appropriate spot as needed.

I am starting the largest project I've ever tackled, collecting the short works of Mark Twain. This will be probably a couple of hundred short stories, essays, and speeches. (I'm feeling a bit daunted now...... Lots of formatting and image-fixing and proofing in my future.)

Would you recommend collecting these in several volumes, or in one huge omnibus?
What would be a good average file-size that will not overwhelm most reading devices?
Perhaps even more germane, what might a top limit of individual titles that will not overwhelm the person reading?

I do look forward to getting some feedback from you folks. Thanks!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:46 AM   #821
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
How about both?
Make it his Collected Short Stories Vol 1-IV
and then put them altogether in one giant omnibus for those who prefer that format.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #822
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
See, that's why I need feedback --- you immediately thought of the obvious answer while I was mulling over the pro's and con's of separate files.

Thanks for the good advice!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:57 AM   #823
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
どういたしまして
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #824
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'm working on an English version of Kepler's Somnium. I was able to get a rough translation from the German epub copy into English via Google translate, but the sentence structure needs work as a result. I don't know if it will be the best translation of Kepler's story, but it is an interesting project.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #825
SBT
Fanatic

Working on "The World of Yesterday", Stefan Zweig's autobiography.