Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
peanutbuttah
peanutbuttah began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
How to read pdf on Kindle 2 using USB?

I just got the K2. The user guide mentions that I can read pdf's by either adding them to my K2 via the USB or emailing them to my Kindle email. I've added a pdf to my Documents folder using the USB, but it's not showing up when I open the K2. Should it go into a different folder? I haven't tried emailing it, but using the USB just sounds easier (once I figure it out).

Any suggestions? Thanks!
peanutbuttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Did you put it in the documents folder? If not put it there. Edit I just read that you tried already to put it in your documents folder.

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 12-28-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttah View Post
I just got the K2. The user guide mentions that I can read pdf's by either adding them to my K2 via the USB or emailing them to my Kindle email. I've added a pdf to my Documents folder using the USB, but it's not showing up when I open the K2. Should it go into a different folder? I haven't tried emailing it, but using the USB just sounds easier (once I figure it out).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Check to see if your Kindle has updated to 2.3 which is needed for reading PDF files. The 2.3 update does not hit all Kindles at once, it rolls out. It may not have hit your Kindle yet.

Here is how to check. From the home page click the menu button then select "settings". On, the settings page look at the bottom of the screen if you have version less than 2.3, you need to update to use pdfs on your Kindle.

The manual update instructions can be found here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Some ideas to check:

1. try different pdfs;
2. see if you have any hacks installed that prevent the update;
3. what daffy4u said.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
Just want to add that PDFs are considered Personal Docs so you have your Kindle set up to only show books, you have to change it to show Personal Docs or All My Items.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Click "Home" button. Above the first item listed it will say "Showing XXX Books" (or instead of Books, it could say Personal Docs, Subscriptions, or Items). If it says 'Books' (or if you just want to change it), move the joystick up one and then to the left. From there you can select a new filter.

BTW, if you want to change the sorting method of your books (sort by author, title, or most recent), move the joystick up and then right instead.
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert