Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
For new accounts! 15 GB free ist more than anyone else offers.
Google drive also offers 15gb, and with no download caps. No "5gb download liimit exceeded, come back tomorrow..."
And is far less likely to ever get banned in USA.

Did you read that even Kim Dotcom now advises people NOT to use mega.

It does seem that mega has exactly one fanboy clamouring for cc integration, you.

I really don't care . New Devs seem to be grown up intelligent people - they can decide for themselves
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:39 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Google drive also offers 15gb, and with no download caps.
Google Drive is not usable for Calibre and also not fo Calibre Companion.
Twice I tried, twice my library was destroyed.
Quote:
No "5gb download liimit exceeded, come back tomorrow..."
Only one ignorant will transfer 5 GB from cloud to CC at once.
And upload must be done from a Computer and such a device can wait.
Quote:
And is far less likely to ever get banned in USA.
USA isnt the center of the world. And what happens there is of little interest to me
Quote:
Did you read that even Kim Dotcom now advises people NOT to use mega.
Yes, but did you read why?
Quote:
It does seem that mega has exactly one fanboy clamouring for cc integration, you.
Because a lot of unexperienced guys trust such curious rumors, you are spreading
Quote:
New Devs seem to be grown up intelligent people - they can decide for themselves
Yes, and why do you want to adore such an opportunity - for me the best one - to users?
Everyone should be able to choose from working options.
Google Drive, your suggestion, is not working
None of your counter-arguments had any practical meaning whatsoever

Last edited by ottischwenk; 05-22-2020 at 02:01 AM.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2020, 04:43 PM   #18
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Fix it back to the way it was. I do not want or need TWO COPIES of ebooks on my phone. If you can not fix the problem of it making a copy when you open it in a reader app then you might as well give it up.

Other than that major problem--which is a deal killer--it is very good.

bernie
Hey GBM,

Can you send me an email to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.

I want to dig further into your case because I am experiencing different results when copying to different readers.

Thanks,
Alex
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 04:44 PM   #19
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Yes, it's in a good state now. I took a precautionary backup.

I know there are issues with it remembering creds for box. But that was an option I tested only in case I ever lose Dropbox. Dropbox works now, that was my biggest peeve with the old version.

I have more or less decided though, because of all this android enforced "toss a file to your reader" nonsense ( with creds to " toss a coin to your Witcher" ) , that I will just use it to download, then auto import the cc folder to a moon reader shelf for the actual reading. I don't need it to tell Calibre about read status, I am ok with doing that manually. I shall not touch the read button.
+2000 CC points for Witcher quote.

We identified the issue with OneDrive re-auth and are fixing it now. Continuing working on Box re-auth issue as well.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:57 PM   #20
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
I will do tests over the weekend and send you the logs.

My ereader is Bookari Premium version 4.2.4 build 470
Android 8.1.0

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
Hey GBM,

Can you send me an email to ccfeedback@goldtreeway.com.

I want to dig further into your case because I am experiencing different results when copying to different readers.

Thanks,
Alex
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #21
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
I will do tests over the weekend and send you the logs.

My ereader is Bookari Premium version 4.2.4 build 470
Android 8.1.0

bernie
Thanks Bernie!

Did you send me any email yet?
Old 05-24-2020, 03:55 PM   #22
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks Bernie!

No my time has not been my own so far this weekend.

I hate the Microsoft of today.

I am doing a clean install of both CC and Bookari.

bernie
Old 05-25-2020, 11:52 AM   #23
jukin
Connoisseur
jukin began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air 2, Kindle Fire HD 10
Hi, can't find anywhere else to post this and don't want to start a new thread. So; I have complained a fair bit about your earlier versions of CC on iOS. I downloaded build 2.0.9.2 and was really happy with it and so have become a subscriber. I'm very happy that most of the issues I moaned about have been fixed and looking forward to seeing the product developed further. Great work and much appreciated.
jukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:42 PM   #24
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
I also vote for integration of Mega.
And to you!..yes you..if you don't like it, don't use it. It is that easy.

Thomas

P.S.
You still get 50GB free space if you create a new account. That at least says the front page of Mega.
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:26 PM   #25
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
But there’s a catch: the 50GB is available for the first 30 days only, after which the storage gets bumped down to 15GB.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:45 PM   #26
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks Bernie!

Email sent.

bernie
Old 05-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #27
Thomas_AR
Zealot
Thomas_AR began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
But there’s a catch: the 50GB is available for the first 30 days only, after which the storage gets bumped down to 15GB.
Ah, didn't knew that. I have a free 50GB account since ages .
Anyway 15 GB is more than moste storage provider give-away for free.

Thomas
Thomas_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:40 PM   #28
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
One thing I've noticed when looking at various cloud services are the terms that mention what is permitted and what isn't. Copyrighted materials are specifically mentioned.

Since the terms of Kindle books (I assume other stores have the same terms) are pretty clear about copying, conversion, drm removable, etc. where does that leave Calibre users with regard to their digital books being stored on such services?

This is a general question, not one aimed specially at Mega.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:03 AM   #29
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
This is the case with new contracts - older ones still have 50 GB. And even with new contracts -15 GB is more than any other free cloud service.
And the 5 GB transfer limit in one piece: Upload is from a computer and it can wait a few hours before it can continue - nobody will transfer such amounts of data to Calibre Companion from the cloud - it makes more sense to do it via the computer
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:58 AM   #30
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
One thing I've noticed when looking at various cloud services are the terms that mention what is permitted and what isn't. Copyrighted materials are specifically mentioned.

Since the terms of Kindle books (I assume other stores have the same terms) are pretty clear about copying, conversion, drm removable, etc. where does that leave Calibre users with regard to their digital books being stored on such services?

This is a general question, not one aimed specially at Mega.

Some Kindle Store books are without DRM (it's either specified in book description or listed as number of copies - unlimited in description). Some store don't sell DRM infected files (examples:Smashwords, most of Litres.ru books, Packtpub)

As I understood this for myself (this is not legal advice,etc):
If I bought book(as in 'paid one time price and button's title was 'buy') - I can read as I want but not distribute to others.

'Read as I want' includes (in my opinion) uploading to OneDrive as part of Calibre library, backing it to Synology C2 backup service (it's encrypted anyway) or uploading it to Bookfusion's cloud service (AFAIK it's not possible to read books in Bookfusion without uploading, it's not possible to share books too) or to Pocketbook's cloud.

But NOT sharing all of this to others (and no public links to those books).

Never had issues with it.

Borderline issue - Bookmate's cloud reading service (it's combined with their library service but you don't have to subscribe to use books you upload) which I used some time ago (it's VERY easy to make private book upload public here, thanks to stupid default, and they will SELL access to this upload which is bad. I don't use them anymore).
Borderline issue 2 - book doesn't work in specified reader/service - I usually just send it to developer or point it they arleady have it and it easy to point it on account (I'm aware of epub scramble plugin here on MR but I don't think it's necessary in this case, may be I'm wrong). Never had issues with it

If I get access to books I think I shouldn't have - well, this is technical bug to me. I have such issues They were reported to devs and I deleted books after confirmation from developers (it was with Bookari's cloud service. Books were not in language I can read anyway).
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote