Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-27-2020, 08:43 PM   #2356
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Another Steam freebie

Total War Shogun 2

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2..._War_SHOGUN_2/
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #2357
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free Showdown Bandit on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...owdown_Bandit/
Advert
Old 05-18-2020, 08:53 AM   #2358
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
A wonderful radio sitcom, "Cabin Pressure" is currently being rebroadcast on BBC radio 4, and will be available through BBC iPlayer/BBC Sounds online for free for a month after broadcast.

Episode One - Abu Dhabi is available now. The other episodes will become available week by week as they are broadcast. There are 27 episodes in all.

The show revolves around a tiny airline, with just one passenger jet. It has a wonderful cast and each episode is stand-alone, although the series as a whole does have an overall theme.

Highly recommended!

Cast:
Carolyn Knapp-Shappey .............................. Stephanie Cole
1st Officer Douglas Richardson ...................... Roger Allam
Capt. Martin Crieff........................... Benedict Cumberbatch
Arthur Shappey........................................... ... John Finnemore
ATC Fitton............................................ ............ Ewen MacIntosh
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:22 PM   #2359
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I have Cabin Pressure on Audible and it is hilarious.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 04:32 PM   #2360
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Any way to listen offline? Roger Allam is great in Endeavour and his unmistakable voice should be a perfect fit for radio...
Advert
Old 05-18-2020, 07:45 PM   #2361
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Any way to listen offline? Roger Allam is great in Endeavour and his unmistakable voice should be a perfect fit for radio...
You can download most BBC podcasts outside of the UK, but I don't know of any way you can download programs like the one above.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:29 AM   #2362
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
You could play it while on-line and record the audio (preferably directly on the computer). Alternatively, I believe there may still be an application around called "Get iPlayer Automator".

But even if you can only stream it, I do recommend setting aside half an hour at home to listen to the first episode.

And for those who already know Cabin Pressure, don't miss Arthur's lock-down Youtube show, Cabin Fever. (Warning: Contains mild spoilers for Cabin Pressure.)

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-19-2020 at 02:35 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #2363
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
You could play it while on-line and record the audio (preferably directly on the computer). Alternatively, I believe there may still be an application around called "Get iPlayer Automator".

But even if you can only stream it, I do recommend setting aside half an hour at home to listen to the first episode.

And for those who already know Cabin Pressure, don't miss Arthur's lock-down Youtube show, Cabin Fever. (Warning: Contains mild spoilers for Cabin Pressure.)
I don't think I can open the stream with VLC to record like I can with Youtube. Maybe there's a Firefox extension to record audio. Or I could do the Audible trial to get it as one of the free audiobooks...
Old 06-03-2020, 10:27 AM   #2364
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
"Racial injustice drama 'Just Mercy' will stream free in June in wake of George Floyd's death"
The Associated Press | USA Today | June 2, 2020

Quote:
NEW YORK – "Just Mercy," the 2019 film which chronicles courtroom struggles against racial injustice and mass incarceration, will be made free on digital platforms throughout June in the wake of George Floyd's death, Warner Bros. said Tuesday.
Quote:
The film is streaming free on Amazon Prime, YouTube, Vudu, FandangoNOW, Apple TV and other streaming services.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #2365
PandathePanda
a toy panda
PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PandathePanda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Android dvices
At the moment Gog offers the
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack
for free:
https://www.gog.com/game/total_anihi...commander_pack
PandathePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:19 PM   #2366
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
​​​​​​​
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:41 PM   #2367
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

GOG has another free Warhammer title

https://www.gog.com/?utm_medium=emai...=A_section_CTA
Old 07-23-2020, 05:13 PM   #2368
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Humble has a $1 deal for 2 classic games Age of Wonders 3 and Europa IV, far below the Steam prices.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/best-paradox-interactive?linkID=&mcID=102:5f19c15ae94ed96d311aa 723t:5e98f1df76488a0eff5e1b19:1&utm_source=Humbl e+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign= 2020_07_23_bestparadoxinteractive_bundle&linkID=&u tm_content=cta_button
Old 11-11-2020, 09:28 PM   #2369
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Free 6 month trial of Tidal (streaming music)

Link: https://offer.tidal.com/voucher?code=WL25BAEN6X

Thanks to Reddit user Benzz1725 for this.

New subscribers only, choose between Hifi or Premium quality stream. I signed up successfully with a different email address from the one I am using on my current Tidal account which expires later this month anyway. Note that you can "create" a new email address from your gmail address by adding a period or periods anywhere in the first part of the address, e.g. mobilereaduser@gmail.com is the same (to Google) as mobile.read.user@gmail.com. While a third party sees this as a different address, all the messages will come into the same inbox.

Incidentally, annual subscriptions @ BestBuy for Tidal are really the best pricing: $90 for Hifi, $70 for Premium. On Tidal's website it's much higher, see Spoiler below. But, FREE is free, I couldn't resist. I love Tidal's personalized Mixes based on which artists you "like" to make recommendations. Alexa can play Tidal, need to enable the skill and link your Tidal account and optionally choose as default music player. And Android phones can cast to any Chromecast speaker/group from the app. I most often cast to my JBL Link speaker from the Windows desktop app, several hours daily while I *work*.

Spoiler:
Subscription Types

Premium - $9.99 USD a month with standard sound quality, high definition music videos, and expertly curated editorial.

HiFi - $19.99 USD a month with lossless High Fidelity sound quality, Sony 360 Reality Audio, Dolby Atmos Music, high definition music videos, and expertly curated editorial.

Family Premium - $14.99 USD a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account. Standard sound quality, high definition music videos, and expertly curated editorial

Family HiFi - $29.99 USD a month including up to 5 additional family members totaling 6 on the account. Lossless High Fidelity sound quality, high definition music videos, and expertly curated editorial.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:42 PM   #2370
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
3 months Spotify Premium for $9.99 or free for new customers

Received this in my email, so it may be a targeted offer for canceled customers (before Oct 17):
Get 3 months of Premium for $9.99
Enjoy ad-free music, offline listening, and more. Cancel anytime.
Only $9.99/month after. Offer not available to users who canceled Premium after Oct 17, 2020. Terms and conditions apply. Offer ends Dec 31, 2020.
Link

If you have never tried Spotify before, you can get a 3 month free trial
Link
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere