Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #1
HarpingOn
HarpingOn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Got my Aura HD!

Decent price from ASDA UK. Just spotted it on the shelf.

I got the Aura HD as an upgrade to my Glo, was looking at what's happening in Kobo world before filling my Aura up, in case I need to reset it if I mess up.

Anyway, I installed Koreader and I find the following

1) Device won't sleep whilst it's running.
2) Can't control the light with hardware button
3) can't seem to turn off justification
4) can't select Koreader menu, as the top of the page has a hot link to the index page

So, what do folks use Koreader for? It wont work for me if I can't just close the smart cover and forget it, the battery will be flat in no time.

Anyway, liking the Aura HD lots so far. Big improvement from the Glo.

Last edited by HarpingOn; 06-21-2014 at 04:09 PM.
HarpingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Funny I have none of the problems you mention. I don't use the magnetic cover. I have a number of ways to put my AuraHD 3.2.0 to sleep, both within and outside Koreader. My hardware button works fine to turn the front light on and off.

If you can't get to the Koreader menus, it comes as no surprise that you can't effect the page formatting in the reader.

You should realize that Koreader does not function the way you describe, when it is functioning normally. Somehow, your installation of the program is not functioning as it does for the rest of us. To answer your question I use mine to read ebooks of many kinds, with many features set as I like them. I would suggest that you try installing an earlier build, if you have installed the most current, therefor least tested, build.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-21-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #3
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@HarpingOn Install Start Menu for now to get you light button working. Coming days a fix is coming up from pazos which essentially copies the script from Start Menu. Buttons are fixed in the next release for fmon-route.The Start Menu route is preferable, though, especially if you like to hack your device.

The suspend feature is still under investigation, but for the Kobo Aura HD Ken has wrote on a number of places on mobileread how to get it working.

No idea what you're referring to that you can't open the top menu. However, my mom had the same problem with her Glo. You could edit defaults.lua and increase area for the tap zone for the top menu.

Last edited by Markismus; 06-22-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #4
HarpingOn
HarpingOn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you all. Very helpful.

I installed koreader with the 'fmon' method, it looked more understandable to me than the start menu one.

I'll look at that start menu, thanks.

Last edited by HarpingOn; 06-21-2014 at 09:18 PM.
HarpingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
This might help. If you just want Koreader and the Start Menu, start at number 6.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert