Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #1
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
A small suggestion for the settings backup

I just noticed that when you backup the settings, you don't show a working dialog.

This makes sense when you are just backing up settings, but it might be a good idea to show one when backing up the database. On my phone that takes about 10 seconds, and it looks like CC is just locked up in that time.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I just noticed that when you backup the settings, you don't show a working dialog.

This makes sense when you are just backing up settings, but it might be a good idea to show one when backing up the database. On my phone that takes about 10 seconds, and it looks like CC is just locked up in that time.
Thanks for reminding me. I have wondered whether on some installations it takes long enough to get an ANR (App Not Responding). You are right on the edge.

I had to do it for restore and I should have done it for backup. Problem is doing that kind of work is boring.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:05 PM   #3
kaufman
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I had to do it for restore and I should have done it for backup. Problem is doing that kind of work is boring.
Sorry. My phone is about to get recalled, so I just had to back up my settings in preparation for moving to the new one. At least I am being punished for boring you.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
Sorry. My phone is about to get recalled, so I just had to back up my settings in preparation for moving to the new one.
Exploding battery syndrome?

Just think, someone sitting next to you on your next flight might be charging their Note 7.

chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:04 PM   #5
kaufman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Exploding battery syndrome?

Just think, someone sitting next to you on your next flight might be charging their Note 7.

That's right.

All of a sudden, my personality might not be the worst thing about sitting next to me on a plane.