Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
mujadady
mujadady began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ebook Reader PRS-T1
Exclamation Sony Ebook Reader PRS-T1 restart automatically when connected to computer

I have updated my Sony eBook Reader PRS-T1 to the latest firmware 1.0.05.11130. I was about to transfer some books to the reader it just got hanged and i removed the reader from computer while it was in the process. After that the eBook reader restarts and the Opening Book... is not buffering anymore and when it's connected to the computer it restarts automatically and not detectable anymore by the computer to fix it.

Anyone have got this types of problem and know how to fix it please help me out as well.

Last edited by mujadady; 06-26-2013 at 12:04 AM.
mujadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Have you pushed the reset button (recessed hole on bottom - use a paper clip)?

This happened to me a few times - Sony support said it was a build up of static electricity and to keep hitting reset until the T1 went back to normal. Took 3 rounds of reset the last time it happened.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2013, 04:11 AM   #3
mujadady
mujadady began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ebook Reader PRS-T1
Well yeah I pushed the hard reset button several times. The reader only restarts every time after 15 seconds when it is plugged into the computer. Without cable plugged in it's idle showing Reader Opening book... without starting buffering for several minutes then stop blinking the power button and going into shutdown mode.
mujadady is offline   Reply With Quote