Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
scotchirish
scotchirish began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
running mobi2mobi (cmd or GUI)

I've glanced a bit but didn't see a related post so I hope this isn't a frequent thing. I've been trying to run mobi2mobi on Windows 7 to fix some titles of books on my kindle.

When I run mobi2mobi.exe I get this:
MobiPerl/MobiHeader.pm did not return a true value at script/mobi2mobi line 53.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/mobi2mobi line 53.

and when I run the GUI I get an error saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

As far as I can tell I have everything loaded on my computer, I've run ActivePerl to get the PPM from which I've installed P5-Palm, Getopt-Mixed, TimeDate, and one other that I can't recall.
scotchirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
I've seen similar but not identical issues in the past. If you've got ActivePerl installed, try using the perl version of mobi2mobi rather than the pre-compiled exe. It works better on my system (and you have can use it with the GUI exe).

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchirish View Post
I've glanced a bit but didn't see a related post so I hope this isn't a frequent thing. I've been trying to run mobi2mobi on Windows 7 to fix some titles of books on my kindle.

When I run mobi2mobi.exe I get this:
MobiPerl/MobiHeader.pm did not return a true value at script/mobi2mobi line 53.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at script/mobi2mobi line 53.

and when I run the GUI I get an error saying "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

As far as I can tell I have everything loaded on my computer, I've run ActivePerl to get the PPM from which I've installed P5-Palm, Getopt-Mixed, TimeDate, and one other that I can't recall.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 AM   #3
Crian
Crian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I think there is a

Code:
1;
or something like this missing at the end of MobiPerl/MobiHeader.pm. Perl wants .pm's to return a "true" value. Perhaps you are using an other verion of Perl than the author?

Edit: Or perhaps this MobiPerl/MobiHeader.pm was corrupted during the download.
Crian is offline   Reply With Quote