Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which browser(s) are you using?
Firefox 56 70.89%
Opera 6 7.59%
Chrome 18 22.78%
Internet Explorer 16 20.25%
Safari 6 7.59%
Other 2 2.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #31
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Internet Explorer 8, no doubts. I've experimented several other browsers, but IE8 is, for me, the best.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:33 AM   #32
delaplane
delaplane began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd+, nook, touchpad, transformer, note
Firefox since back when it was called Firebird. I have to use IE at work and it's horrible in comparison.
delaplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:32 AM   #33
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaplane View Post
Firefox since back when it was called Firebird. I have to use IE at work and it's horrible in comparison.
You've used it that long -

it's a brilliant browser, though it often puts the English Dictionary out of joint with some upgrades !

but can anyone explain why it's getting slower to load first thing - or is that just because it's a big program .... once loaded it's fine and continues thus for the remainder of the day, even when closed and re-opened, but after a PC shut-down !!!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #34
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Firefox at work, just because I am too lazy and pressed in time to switch to Chrome that I use at home and that is so much faster. At work I have a strong connection so it does not matter, but at home Chrome makes a lot of difference.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #35
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Welcome back, Beppe! I haven't tried Chrome. How much faster is it?
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #36
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Firefox at work, just because I am too lazy and pressed in time to switch to Chrome that I use at home and that is so much faster. At work I have a strong connection so it does not matter, but at home Chrome makes a lot of difference.
It probably is tied to hardware not the Internet connection.
Correct me if I am wrong.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:21 AM   #37
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
You've used it that long -

it's a brilliant browser, though it often puts the English Dictionary out of joint with some upgrades !

but can anyone explain why it's getting slower to load first thing - or is that just because it's a big program .... once loaded it's fine and continues thus for the remainder of the day, even when closed and re-opened, but after a PC shut-down !!!!
I can't back this up with data, but I find it slower on windows than on Linux. Whatever it's loading into memory or keeping running as a process needs to be reloaded on a shutdown/restart, but it's still running when you close the browser and re-open (at least I think that's how it works).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #38
jerrywojo
Connoisseur
jerrywojo began at the beginning.

Use Firefox,a few of the add-ons are essential. Like Opera but its lack of add-ons keeps me away.
jerrywojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:51 AM   #39
mngharry
Enthusiast
mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.mngharry can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PRS-505
I've been switching between Firefox and Chrome a lot, but since Chrome got extensions, I haven't looked back. The clean, clutter-free look and the speed win it for me.
mngharry is offline   Reply With Quote