Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Question Available hacks for K1?

I've recently bought a refurbished Kindle 1st Generation from eBay, and I was wondering what sort of hacks there might be out there to customize a Kindle 1? I've already found a font change hack for the K1 on this forum, but I was wondering if there were any other hacks or other sorts of tricks for modifying things like margins, line spacing, font size, etc.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyspider View Post
I've recently bought a refurbished Kindle 1st Generation from eBay, and I was wondering what sort of hacks there might be out there to customize a Kindle 1? I've already found a font change hack for the K1 on this forum, but I was wondering if there were any other hacks or other sorts of tricks for modifying things like margins, line spacing, font size, etc.

Thanks to anyone who replies.
You may have trouble finding very much for the K1.

It **is not** a FreeScale SoC device, it uses one of the TI OMAP devices. That makes anything K1 almost a one-of-a-kind thing.

It has very limited resources.
Which is the primary reason that the KUAL project does not support the K1.

We (of the KUAL project) did look into supporting the K1 with the KUAL launcher and tossed that Bad Idea (tm) in the bit bucket.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
I have owned: [...] Kindle Paperwhite
Most people "upgrade" in the other direction! :-)
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Igorsk's old blog might hold some interest...

http://igorsk.blogspot.com/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The old Visual Kindle Guide has instructions for changing your screensaver.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #6
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Most people "upgrade" in the other direction! :-)
Oddly enough, I find I prefer Pearl E-ink (and the older version) displays to the display that the Paperwhite uses. It's too starkly white for me, even at the lower light settings. I also quite like the design of the K1.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I figured that there probably wouldn't be much out there for the K1 as far as modifications went, since my searching hadn't turned up much of anything, but I thought it was worth a try in case I had missed anything.

Last edited by sneakyspider; 06-19-2013 at 07:48 PM.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hacks, kindle 1, kindle 1st gen