Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #1681
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@DouglasK

You probably installed an older version of cops that does not support PHP 7.

What you can do:
1 - remove (or rename to cops_old) your installed version of cops

2 - install a new version of cops in /var/www/html/cops
- download cops 1.1.2 https://github.com/seblucas/cops/rel...cops-1.1.2.zip
- unzip cops-1.1.2.zip to /var/www/html/cops
- use your old config_local.php

3 - and it should work again! (if not report back)
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:59 AM   #1682
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Smile Many thanks, it's working

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
@DouglasK

You probably installed an older version of cops that does not support PHP 7.
2 - install a new version of cops in /var/www/html/cops
- download cops 1.1.2 https://github.com/seblucas/cops/rel...cops-1.1.2.zip
Thank you ... installing the update fixed it right up. I thought I'd done that previously, but evidently I'd not gotten the current version. Your help is greatly appreciated!
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:31 PM   #1683
DouglasK
DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.DouglasK knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Onyx Note Air3, Kobo Aura HD, Nexus 7 (2013)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasK View Post
Thank you ... installing the update fixed it right up. I thought I'd done that previously, but evidently I'd not gotten the current version. Your help is greatly appreciated!
I spoke too soon. The site does load, but when I try to access many authors, series or the last 50, it hangs. Note, I can get a few Authors to displa, so it's not quite all of them! I get this error in the Apache2 error.log:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/html/cops/base.php:159\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/html/cops/lib/Book.php(319): html2xhtml('<div><p>As a ha...')\n#1 /var/www/html/cops/lib/Book.php(465): Book->getComment()\n#2 /var/www/html/cops/lib/Book.php(617): Book->getEntry()\n#3 /var/www/html/cops/lib/Book.php(493): Book::getEntryArray('select {0} from...', Array, '1')\n#4 /var/www/html/cops/lib/PageAuthorDetail.php(16): Book::getBooksByAuthor('512', '1')\n#5 /var/www/html/cops/lib/JSON_renderer.php(191): PageAuthorDetail->InitializeContent()\n#6 /var/www/html/cops/getJSON.php(14): JSONRenderer::getJson()\n#7 {main}\n thrown in /var/www/html/cops/base.php on line 159, referer: https://mydomain.com/cops/index.php?page=2&id=A

I opened up Calibre and checked the database and also the books on disk. Calibre reported that no errors were found.

Any ideas? All help greatly appreciated. We're getting there!

Thank you,
Douglas

Last edited by DouglasK; 01-03-2019 at 04:33 PM.
DouglasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:34 PM   #1684
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@DouglasK

I (re)tested with a new setup installed the way I suggested in a previous post, and it works flawless.
- OS Debian 9
- webserver apache 2.4
- php 7.0.33-0+deb9u1
Ok, there are some slight differences with your setup, but your setup should work.

What I can think of is that your calibre library has somehow become corrupt (for cops). Because some epubs work an some don't.

Maybe if you reload/reopen your library in calibre and see if that works and then try again with cops? [edit: oops I seee that you already did]

[edit2: can you post the results of checkconfig.php? Libraries not needed ;-) ]

[edit3: possibly there is something wrong wit your php install.
DOMdocument is a native php object (not something cops introduces and/or defines) that seems to be missing in your setup....... (PHP fatal error).

Maybe reinstall php on your server? ]

Last edited by mariosipad; 01-03-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-23-2019, 03:48 AM   #1685
PetrusV
PetrusV began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, android phone, android tablet, pc, kindle
Font size in eye online reader

Where do I go if I want to increase the font size in the online eye reader?

I have tried clicking on the aA on the top right but its still too small.
PetrusV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #1686
mariosipad
Guru

I only rarely use this "feature" of cops and then only on a PC/Mac/Linux box). Never on my phone or tablet.

The font size is usually (probably depends on the font size set in the epub) small or too small.

In a browser like firefox on PC/Mac/Linux it is possible to "Zoom in" (and out). This helps with readability.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:18 PM   #1687
M_Faust
Zealot
M_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litterM_Faust doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 912, Onyx Boox Max, Max 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasK View Post
Uncaught Error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /var/www/html/cops/base.php:159
I solved this error by installing php-xml.
M_Faust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:09 PM   #1688
mariosipad
Guru

For PHP 7:

php7.0-xml

However DougasK indicated that phpxml was installed and working.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:02 PM   #1689
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I know I'm late to the game but.... I LOVE IT

Last year I'd bought a QNAP NAS for backups etc at home, installed Ubooquity and had it serving up from a replica of my Calibre library from my PC (with a file sync program on the PC ensuring the replica was current).

Last week I tried installing a QPKG version of COPS, and while it basically worked, things like downloading an ePub to Moon+ Reader failed; some minor corruption seemed to happen.

Yesterday I thought maybe I should try again with a Docker version, so added the linuxserver/cops package. Install went great but it kept telling me unable to read database, even though it was in the correct location

Today experimented with having the container run as a different userid (the one who owns all the files in the library). WOOT.. It works GREAT!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:08 PM   #1690
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm having some problems with adding COPS OPDS feed to Moon+ Reader Pro 4.5.7. On my Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1 it works fine; I add http://192.168.2.90/feed.php and the feed works perfectly.

On my Moto G6 Play running Android 8.0.0 when I add the same feed I just see the XML being displayed along with a message that the XML file has no style information associated with it.

Any suggestions as to what I should try?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2019, 03:29 PM   #1691
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm having some problems with adding COPS OPDS feed to Moon+ Reader Pro 4.5.7. On my Nexus 7 running Android 6.0.1 it works fine; I add http://192.168.2.90/feed.php and the feed works perfectly.

On my Moto G6 Play running Android 8.0.0 when I add the same feed I just see the XML being displayed along with a message that the XML file has no style information associated with it.

Any suggestions as to what I should try?
I think this one should be reported to the Moon+ Reader developer.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:05 PM   #1692
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I think this one should be reported to the Moon+ Reader developer.
I have done that but have also resolved the issue. I cleared all storage and cache in use by the app and it now works
Old 03-30-2019, 01:24 PM   #1693
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question V1.1.3 Menu Icons?

Hola to All,

It's been a long while since I have posted, as COPS 1.1.1 has been running great for a very long time on my QNAP box.

So thought it time to get with the program...so to speak! Went to Github and downloaded the latest, expecting 1.1.2 but got what the docs say is 1.1.3.

Made a backup of current /share/Web/cops111 folder, unzipped the new version and copied in total to replace all current files. Then I copied the old config_local.php back into the cops111 folder (haven't renamed the folder yet...) and then fired it up.

Everything seems to be working as normal EXCEPT the menu icons do not contain any detail. They are just outlined squares or other shapes, but no description text or graphics in them.

This is the same no matter if I use Firefox or Chrome to access COPS. The icons do work, it if I click on them. I have attached some screen shots to show the details.

Monty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_018.png
Views:	254
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	170478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_019.png
Views:	339
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	170479  

Last edited by MontyJ; 03-30-2019 at 01:26 PM. Reason: no attachments
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:40 PM   #1694
mariosipad
Guru

Your (new) installation of cops is unable to find the new fonts (Font awesome Free) cops uses since version 1.1.2.

Can you check if you have these fonts in /Share/Web/cops111/templates/default/webfonts ?

Maybe you needed to clear your browser caches to make the (new) font work?
Old 03-30-2019, 07:02 PM   #1695
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
Your (new) installation of cops is unable to find the new fonts (Font awesome Free) cops uses since version 1.1.2.

Can you check if you have these fonts in /Share/Web/cops111/templates/default/webfonts ?

Maybe you needed to clear your browser caches to make the (new) font work?
Thanks Mario!

I cleared the caches but that did not chang anything. Here is the list of files in the .../webfonts folder:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 monty monty 133140 Mar 30 09:41 fa-solid-900.eot
-rw-rw-r-- 1 monty monty 488395 Mar 30 09:41 fa-solid-900.svg
-rw-rw-r-- 1 monty monty 132920 Mar 30 09:41 fa-solid-900.ttf
-rw-rw-r-- 1 monty monty 63836 Mar 30 09:41 fa-solid-900.woff
-rw-rw-r-- 1 monty monty 50372 Mar 30 09:41 fa-solid-900.woff2
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology