Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2019, 01:41 PM   #1
k2uskindle
k2uskindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Books Transferred from Calibre don't show up on Kindle Voyage book list

I've got a weird problem. When I transfer books from my caliber library they never seem to show up on my Kindle voyage book list. If I plug the Kindle in to my Windows PC, the books are in directories under documents. But they never seem to show up in the book list on my Kindle, nor can I search for them and find them. The only workaround I have found so far is to manually copy the MOBI files from each book's directory into the home path of the documents directory. Then the books show up right away.

This is frustrating and it wasn't always the case. My voyage is jailbroken, but I don't think that's the problem as this used to work fine. I may have done something bad when I decided to clear out my documents folder by manually deleting almost everything in it. Normally I would just factory reset my Kindle but I don't think I can do that since it's jailbroken.

I'm also wondering if it has to do with the more recent version of caliber. Should I downgrade to an older version of caliber?

Anyway, it would be great if anyone has some ideas of how I could solve this problem since I use caliber extensively with my Kindle. Thanks for your help!
k2uskindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 01:45 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Make sure that nothing has got stuck indexing - that's the most common reason for this issue. If that doesn't help, reboot the Kindle and see if that works.

(Just for information, the program is called "calibre", not "caliber"!)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:38 AM   #3
k2uskindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Make sure that nothing has got stuck indexing - that's the most common reason for this issue. If that doesn't help, reboot the Kindle and see if that works.

(Just for information, the program is called "calibre", not "caliber"!)
How do I make sure nothing is stuck indexing?

I know it's calibre, but my voice dictation software changes it.

Also, I used the search for nonsense trick to check indexing, and it's not indexing anything. Then I deleted the Search Indexes folder in System and replaced it with a null document, and the problem is still there, even after restarting.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Last edited by k2uskindle; 03-04-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go to the library page, tap the search button, and enter a string of random characters as a search string (so you don’t get any real matches). On the search results page, if the “Text in Books” tab is enabled, tap it, and it’ll show you the number of books not yet indexed. Tap the line displaying the number and you’ll see the actual books awaiting indexing.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:59 AM   #5
k2uskindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Go to the library page, tap the search button, and enter a string of random characters as a search string (so you don’t get any real matches). On the search results page, if the “Text in Books” tab is enabled, tap it, and it’ll show you the number of books not yet indexed. Tap the line displaying the number and you’ll see the actual books awaiting indexing.
thanks but there are no books there.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Have you tried rebooting your Kindle?
Old 03-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #7
k2uskindle

Yes, rebooting doesn't fix it.

Tags
calibre, kindle voyage