Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Calibre Crashes When Removing Book from Tab

Calibre Crashes When Removing Book from Samsung Tab 3, and must be restarted. Calibre recognizes tablet and installs book just fine. But crashes when I remove book.

Any thoughts?
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Calibre Crashes When Removing Book from Samsung Tab 3, and must be restarted. Calibre recognizes tablet and installs book just fine. But crashes when I remove book.

Any thoughts?
How are you removing it?
Traditional way when Calibre is connected, is to use Calibre Remove from device (a right click Delete option).
If Calibre is disconnected, you can use the devices trashcan
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
How are you removing it?
Traditional way when Calibre is connected, is to use Calibre Remove from device (a right click Delete option).
If Calibre is disconnected, you can use the devices trashcan
Yes, with Calibre connected and selecting the book I use the icon Remove books, and select Remove the Matching Books from the Device. Then Calibre crashes (non responsive). When I reopen Calibre it shows the book no longer on the device, and when I access the tablet, and the book there, it says something like data not available and it then it deletes.
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 09:20 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
Yes, with Calibre connected and selecting the book I use the icon Remove books, and select Remove the Matching Books from the Device. Then Calibre crashes (non responsive). When I reopen Calibre it shows the book no longer on the device, and when I access the tablet, and the book there, it says something like data not available and it then it deletes.
I suspect metadata.calibre on the device is damaged or has become 'protected'.
FWIW I mostly use Calibre Companion to wirelessly manage my TAB A
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:44 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It sounds like the device is having issues, try resetting it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote