Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-05-2018, 03:20 AM   #1
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Sigil 0.9.8 - 0.9.9 F7 (Flightcrew?) does not pick up mismatched TOC item

Greetings,

I've been using sigil 0.9.8. It works great, except that I realised I wasn't getting any errors when I used the F7 key (this used to say flightcrew or something under the "Tools" menu) ANyway, I decided to check my epub with calibre "Edit Book" and it found a mismatched item in the toc editor (and the toc) itself. IN the old 0.7 version I was using on XP (I've only recently upgraded my machine) sigil would have picked this error up.

Has something changed? F7 no longer mentions flightcrew? Perhaps you need a plugin now?

The error was that I had a entry in the toc called Title Page, and a document called "titlepage.html" However, the toc editor had it pointing to "titlepage001.html" and the F7 key never picked this up. My xp (0.7) would have found this. Am I missing something?

PS...I'm no css (or sigil) guru. I know enough to tweak my epubs to make then look all the same on my reader.

Thanks for the assistance.
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 03:33 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Snow View Post
Has something changed? F7 no longer mentions flightcrew? Perhaps you need a plugin now?
F7 no longer runs FlightCrew; it runs a well-formedness check instead.

You'll need to download FlightCrew from the Sigil Github download page.

(You can assign FlightCrew to one of the 5 Plugin buttons via Plugins > Manage Plugins > Assign as Plugin.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2018, 03:39 AM   #3
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
F7 no longer runs FlightCrew; it runs a well-formedness check instead.

You'll need to download FlightCrew from the Sigil Github download page.

(You can assign FlightCrew to one of the 5 Plugin buttons via Plugins > Manage Plugins > Assign as Plugin.)
That'll be why then...doh!

Thanks for the insight.

PS - I read somewhere flightcrew is now outdated? Is this right?, and...is there something else to use as a plugin to sigil? (Epubcheck?? for example)

Last edited by Chris_Snow; 05-06-2018 at 03:42 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I read somewhere flightcrew is now outdated?
Even though FlightCrew hasn't been updated in a while, it can be useful to detect unused files. However, it couldn't hurt to also check your books with the online version of EpubCheck or my Sigil plugin.
Old 05-06-2018, 04:57 PM   #5
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
Even though FlightCrew hasn't been updated in a while, it can be useful to detect unused files. However, it couldn't hurt to also check your books with the online version of EpubCheck or my Sigil plugin.
Thanks for the pointer. Your plugin sounds interesting, but I don't have Java installed and not sure I want to install it.
Advert
Old 05-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Epubcheck uses the java runtime environment (jre) ... which is does not require enabling java in any browser so it should not be a security issue. It really is no different than enable a python runtime environment similar to that embedded in Sigil
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Epubcheck uses the java runtime environment (jre) ... which is does not require enabling java in any browser so it should not be a security issue. It really is no different than enable a python runtime environment similar to that embedded in Sigil
That sounds reasonable. Is there a specific file I should download? (64 Win10) There seems to be several of them and I'm not sure what I really need. Thx.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:24 AM   #8
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
I use Pagina Epubchecker, which is a Standalone application for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Homepage: https://github.com/paginagmbh/EPUB-Checker

Download page for the binaries: https://www.pagina.gmbh/produkte/epub-checker/
(top part of the page is in German, English is farther down the page)

Down-side of using this app is that you have to present a saved file, you can't do validations on the fly as you edit.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:15 AM   #9
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That sounds reasonable. Is there a specific file I should download?
You'll need to download jre-10.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe from the Oracle website. Note that you'll need to reboot your computer after the installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
Down-side of using this app is that you have to present a saved file, you can't do validations on the fly as you edit.
If you installed Java and the EpubCheck plugin you could do validations on the fly. (BTW, the plugin also works with Sigil 0.8.6, if you install ActivePython 3.6.0.3600 and click the Python 3.4 Auto button in the Manage Plugins dialog box.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 05-07-2018 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:07 AM   #10
Chris_Snow
Zealot

Quote:
You'll need to download jre-10.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe from the Oracle website. Note that you'll need to reboot your computer after the installation.
Thx for that. I'll give it a go once I get some time