Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
[Android] CC can now be translated into other languages

You can now translate CC into your language. If you are interested in doing a new translation or improving an existing translation, please go to our translation collaboration site https://cctranslation.oneskyapp.com/collaboration, powered by the OneSky translation workbench. Create a OneSky account so you can use the workbench, or sign in using your Facebook or GitHub credentials.

Once signed in, choose the language that interests you. Next, translate phrases or make comments on phrases already translated. You can also enter alternate phrase translations for phrases already translated, in which case current translators will be notified and can vote for the one they prefer.

If your language is not available on the workbench, write a comment on this thread or send me a PM to ask me to add that language. If the language has country variants then please tell me which variant you are using. For example, if you want to do a translation for Portuguese, let me know if you are in Portugal or Brazil.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Note On Complexity And Amount Of Work

Please note that CC is not a simple app to translate. As of July 2017 CC contains 796 distinct phrases, with 8,143 words. Even hitting the 10% floor for having a language included in CC requires a lot of work.

Administrative Details:

I will include a translation in CC once more than 10% of the phrases have been translated into that language. This is the same metric that calibre uses.

For testing: I will build an APK of the CC demo version containing all translations every Friday or Saturday when there has been translation activity that week. A link to download the latest APK is at the bottom of this message.

Finally, please tell me via private message or by email to cc_translations at charles dot haleys dot org how you want to be credited for your work. The choices: any of "anonymous", your MobileRead forum name, your real name (first, last, or complete name), a company name, or an email address will do. You can have your name be clickable, opening an email window addressed to you or opening your web site. If you want this, let me know in the message and give me the URL or target email address. If I don't hear from you then I will use "anonymous". See "Translation Credits" in CC's menu for examples.

Translation status as of 29/June/2017 (2 images):
Click image for larger version

Name:	trans_page1.PNG
Views:	433
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	157605 Click image for larger version

Name:	trans_page2.PNG
Views:	372
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	157606

Link to latest CC Demo version with all languages: (current production release). This build includes the translations that have not crossed the 10% threshold.

Last edited by chaley; 06-29-2017 at 11:44 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OneSky tips and tricks:

Handling changed phrases:
Spoiler:
When the English text of a phrase is changed and uploaded, OneSky marks that phrase as "Updated" and shows a red exclamation mark on it. OneSky also shows a red exclamation mark at the top of the page in the filter box. You can use the filter to show only phrases that have been changed.

When looking at the translation for a phrase that has changed you will see the red exclamation near the bottom right of that section. After you edit the translation (if you need to), click this exclamation and choose "Mark as correct". This will remove that phrase from the updated list.

How can I comment on the translation of a phrase?
Spoiler:
There are several ways to do this: by voting for alternate translations of a phrase, by adding a new translation for that phrase, or by communicating with the translator(s) of that phrase.

The first thing to do is log in (create an account or use your Facebook credentials) and select the language you are interested in. Then find the phrase in question either by using the search box or scrolling the list, then clicking the phrase number at the top right of the box for that phrase.

If a phrase has multiple translations then they will all appear at the right of the screen. Click on the star next to the translation you prefer.

If your preferred translation is not there, enter it into the phrase translation box then press the + button. Other translators will be advised that you added a translation and will be given an opportunity to vote on which they prefer.

If you just want to communicate with the current translator, click on the gear icon in the phrase box and choose "Write a comment".

Last edited by chaley; 10-12-2014 at 01:21 PM.
Advert
Old 01-05-2015, 07:27 AM   #3
scorpion 13br
scorpion 13br began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wanna buy this app

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
You can now translate CC into your language. If you are interested in doing a new translation or improving an existing translation, please go to our translation collaboration site https://cctranslation.oneskyapp.com/collaboration, powered by the OneSky translation workbench. Create a OneSky account so you can use the workbench, or sign in using your Facebook or GitHub credentials.

Once signed in, choose the language that interests you. Next, translate phrases or make comments on phrases already translated. You can also enter alternate phrase translations for phrases already translated, in which case current translators will be notified and can vote for the one they prefer.

If your language is not available on the workbench, write a comment on this thread or send me a PM to ask me to add that language. If the language has country variants then please tell me which variant you are using. For example, if you want to do a translation for Portuguese, let me know if you are in Portugal or Brazil.

Administrative Details:

I will include a translation in CC once more than 10% of the phrases have been translated into that language. This is the same metric that calibre uses.

For testing: I will build an APK of the CC demo version containing all translations every Friday when there has been translation activity that week. A link to download the latest APK is at the bottom of this message.

Finally, please tell me via private message how you want to be credited for your work. The choices: any of "anonymous", your MobileRead forum name, your real name (first, last, or complete name), a company name, or an email address will do. You can have your name be clickable, opening an email window addressed to you or opening your web site. If you want this, let me know in the PM and give me the URL or target email address. If I don't hear from you then I will use "anonymous". See "Translation Credits" in CC's menu for examples.

Translation status as of 3/Jan/2015:
Attachment 133243

Link to latest CC Demo version with all languages (ignoring the 10% rule): V3.5.9_Demo_20150103 uploaded 2015-Jan-03.

well I wanna buy this app, u can translate for Portuguese Brazilian?
tell for email when finished, and I will buy ok...
scorpion 13br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion 13br View Post
well I wanna buy this app, u can translate for Portuguese Brazilian?
tell for email when finished, and I will buy ok...
Sorry, but I am not sure what you are asking me to do.

If you want me to add Portuguese (Brazil) to the translation workbench so you can translate CC, then I have done it. You can create an account and start translating immediately.

If you want something else then provide a bit more detail.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:41 PM   #5
valdecirmarco
valdecirmarco began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Vostro
Chaley,

I'm working in a brazilian portuguese translation to CC.
Unfortunately I can't send you a PM to request you put the credits in the app.
How can I do this, plz?

Thanks

Valdecir
valdecirmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2015, 07:04 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by valdecirmarco View Post
Chaley,

How can I do this, plz?

Thanks

Valdecir
Sorry
New MR users are blocked for a few days/ # posts.
A Spam Prevention measure.

Actively join in on a few discussions and this time will go faster.

And for contributing a translation
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:30 PM   #7
valdecirmarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Sorry
New MR users are blocked for a few days/ # posts.
A Spam Prevention measure.

Actively join in on a few discussions and this time will go faster.

And for contributing a translation
Yes, I see that in rules.
But I agree and understand the reasons.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:07 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by valdecirmarco View Post
Chaley,

How can I do this, plz?

Thanks

Valdecir
Send the information to cc_translations at charles dot haleys dot org.

And thank you.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:12 AM   #9
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

@valdecirmarco: question: should I use your translation for all Portuguese locales? For example, is Brazilian Portuguese close enough to Portugal Portuguese that people in Portugal would want to use it by default?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:25 AM   #10
valdecirmarco

Quote:
@valdecirmarco: question: should I use your translation for all Portuguese locales? For example, is Brazilian Portuguese close enough to Portugal Portuguese that people in Portugal would want to use it by default?
I dont believe you can. The portuguese language is governed by an international treaty called Portuguese Language Orthographic Agreement of 1990. However a lot of lexical differences will remain:

English Brazil Portugal

mouse mouse rato
display tela écrã
about sobre acerca de
phone fone auscultador
cell phone celular telemóvel
file arquivo ficheiro

Furthermore, the people living in Portugal not welcomed the new spelling of portuguese language.

In most of cases I can't understand the speaking from Portugal, indeed. (I had a portuguese client recently and was very difficult understand when he spoke to me.)

Plaese see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portugu...eement_of_1990

http://globalvoicesonline.org/2009/0...-not-welcomed/
Old 12-22-2015, 12:00 PM   #11
Hubero Kororo
Hubero Kororo began at the beginning.

Device: Jinke and several android devices
Czech

Quote:

Administrative Details:

For testing: I will build an APK of the CC demo version containing all translations every Friday or Saturday when there has been translation activity that week. A link to download the latest APK is at the bottom of this message.

Finally, please tell me via private message or by email to cc_translations at charles dot haleys dot org how you want to be credited for your work. The choices: any of "anonymous", your MobileRead forum name, your real name (first, last, or complete name), a company name, or an email address will do. You can have your name be clickable, opening an email window addressed to you or opening your web site. If you want this, let me know in the message and give me the URL or target email address. If I don't hear from you then I will use "anonymous". See "Translation Credits" in CC's menu for examples.

Translation status as of 06/November/2015:
Attachment 143503

Link to latest CC Demo version with all languages: V4.2.9.3_Demo uploaded 06/Nov/2015. This build includes the Arabic translation at 8% translated and the Dutch translation at 5% translated that are not yet included in CC main because they have not crossed the 10% threshold.
Hi guys,

at first.. well done! App's running just perfectly. Thanks! I would like to contribute and translate app to czech language, so please, add it into skyone for me. .) thanks.. And don't be so surprised, it's a small country, but with one of the highest number of readers per capita...
Hubero Kororo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:07 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubero Kororo View Post
Hi guys,

at first.. well done! App's running just perfectly. Thanks! I would like to contribute and translate app to czech language, so please, add it into skyone for me. .) thanks.. And don't be so surprised, it's a small country, but with one of the highest number of readers per capita...
Done. I have added Czech to Onesky. You can start whenever you want. And thank you!

And as I said in my original post:
Quote:
Most people choose Anonymous, their MobileRead user name, or some variation of their real name.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #13
Hubero Kororo
Hubero Kororo began at the beginning.

Device: Jinke and several android devices
Wow, you're quick. .) Thanks. If You don't mind, I'll use this channel .. my nickname (Hubero Kororo) will be fine.).. I can send it on your mail, if it's necessary, but better wait until I proof myself. ) Thanks again and all the best...
Hubero Kororo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:54 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubero Kororo View Post
Wow, you're quick. .) Thanks. If You don't mind, I'll use this channel .. my nickname (Hubero Kororo) will be fine.).. I can send it on your mail, if it's necessary, but better wait until I proof myself. ) Thanks again and all the best...
The CC demo version linked to in the first post has the work you have done up to now. The translation will be added to the generally-released CC once you have translated 10% or more.

Thanks again!
Old 12-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #15
nqk
Fanatic
nqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beautynqk does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf
Can you add Vietnamese? I could try.
nqk is offline   Reply With Quote