Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #91
gouni
Connoisseur
gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@gouni,

Oh no! Now why have you gone and brought this to my attention?
A small voice said to me, especially not tell jackie.
You'll be the ruin.

But another small voice saying, tell him tell him. Red red is superbe.

gouni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #92
moofychops
Connoisseur
moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.moofychops for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Now Have Aura One and ClaraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
What's so compelling about that particular case?

Edit:

I'm not trying to be dismissive, BTW. I really would like to know what, in your opinion, that case has which others on this thread have lacked.
Mine came today from UK Amazon. Cost is only £4.99. The Aura fits the case neatly and tightly, with no lateral movement etc. The on/off switch is stiull hidden from easy view but that is no real problem.

So you get a cheapy case for a cheapy price that really works very well.
Problem solved for me.
Ron
moofychops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #93
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moofychops View Post
Mine came today from UK Amazon. Cost is only £4.99. The Aura fits the case neatly and tightly, with no lateral movement etc. The on/off switch is stiull hidden from easy view but that is no real problem.

So you get a cheapy case for a cheapy price that really works very well.
Problem solved for me.
Ron
Thanks for letting me know, Ron.

It wasn't clear to me that the case would fit "neatly and tightly, with no lateral movement," as opposed to fitting every e-reader within a particular size range loosely. I'm still not quite sure why the fitted quality of this case was apparent, since the product page looks generic to me, but I appreciate your confirming the fit.

I do hope that Razi didn't feel disrespected by my question, by which I meant no harm.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #94
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo (wife)
Great tip, I picked one of these up at Amazon for $6.09. Fits well and looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berklon View Post
I only require a case for protection during transport/storage. I prefer to read with the Kobo bare without an covers or anything.

I picked up the Blackberry Playbook Leather envelope for $10. The Aura isn't as snug/tight a fit with this case as a Playbook is, but it still holds it pretty good with the Kobo only moving about half an inch when skaken. No matter how much I shake it though, the envelope flap won't open and the Aura won't fall out.

It's a nice cheap way to protect it and it looks pretty good too.

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-...4A185A8106.htm
rayhigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #95
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
I finally broke down and bought a 7" neoprene sleeve for my Aura to replace the plastic bubble envelope I kept the Touch in for the last 2 years. I cost me $1.25 at the local dollar store.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #96
rayhigh
Zealot
rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rayhigh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gecko now has two Aura cases available for preorder:

http://www.geckocovers.com/ereader-c...kobo-aura.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouni View Post
Aura same size as PocketBook Pro 602, I use my PB602 cover.

http://www.geckocovers.com/pocketbook-611-cover.html
Old 06-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #97
rayhigh
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhigh View Post

I went for the red one - just under $50.00 with shipping. I got it mainly for when I'm outdoors - I feel like I need something more 'grippy' than the bare device for sitting and reading on a park bench.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #98
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
I went for the red one - just under $50.00 with shipping. I got it mainly for when I'm outdoors - I feel like I need something more 'grippy' than the bare device for sitting and reading on a park bench.
Pity the only colors shown are red and black, as I suspect the blue would go well with the Espresso Aura (though I'd prefer not have to guess to what extent).
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #99
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:

The black case doesn't have a logo cutout!

I wish the Glo case was the same...
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #100
rayhigh
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Pity the only colors shown are red and black, as I suspect the blue would go well with the Espresso Aura (though I'd prefer not have to guess to what extent).
As it happens, I exchanged a few emails with Rene at Gecko customer service in the Netherlands earlier. Nice bloke. So I can give you some color details:

Pictures 1 - 3 of 'general images' are for the 'Pink' (really striped multicolored) case.

The 'Blue' case is the other striped multicolored case pictured (with no pink stripe), and I believe has the identical interior to picture 2.

If you aren't seeing these images, Gecko literally were updating them as we were emailing - I'd refresh, and there would be more pictures there. If you can't see them yet due to internet caching issues, let me know, and I can attach the pictures here.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #101
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouni View Post
Youpi

I love the gekko slim cover for my Glo.

And pre-order cover for Aura the 24 june.

Your Kobo Aura HD e-reader can easily be ‘clicked-in’ in the plastic shell.

http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-aura...ion-cover.html

4 colors, my prefer is blue.
looks like they are not producing this 'clicked-in' cover. they replaced it with another slide-in-frame type.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #102
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
looks like they are not producing this 'clicked-in' cover. they replaced it with another slide-in-frame type.
Too bad. I was interested in the 'clicked in' cover. I don't really care for covers with the slide-in frame as much.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #103
juliana000
juliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjuliana000 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: kindle touch, kobo
I was looking for covers to and I asked some sellers in etsy
this one does cases for kobo aura http://www.etsy.com/shop/GeekifyInc
this one also does http://www.etsy.com/shop/Bookarelli
and if you are looking for a cheap case there's this one in ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Kobo-Aur.../390603504681?
I still didn't buy any one of these so I can't tell about the quality
juliana000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #104
Mikeyboards
Connoisseur
Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mikeyboards can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: CybkG3; iPads; Kindle PW2, Fire; NookGlow; KoboGlo, Aura HD, Aura One;
In a weak moment just now, I ordered this soft-looking sleeve of Wool Felt (made for the iPad mini) from Byrd & Belle, which I'm hoping will make a nice bedside sleeve for my Kobo Aura:
http://www.byrdandbelle.com/collecti...e-grey-felt-ss
It's 25% off with free shipping in the US using code TAKE25 . (I was notified of this deal through SlickDeals.) I've never heard of or bought from this vendor, but the PayPal transaction went smoothly.
It's a little steep at the original price of $32, though it drops to $24 after the discount (free shipping & no tax... gotta love that). Still not cheap, but I like the idea of a soft, easy slip in-and-out sleeve. Judging by the dimensions, I'm thinking the horizontal (width) dimension will be about right (comparing ipad mini to Aura width), and the vertical dimension will be a little long for the Aura, but since I've ordered the kind without a closure strap, I like having the option of a little more depth; and I'm sure I could do something with the overage if need be.
There's another version with a leather strap for closure ($46...eek!), but I don't like the idea of having a snap to press into place directly over the Aura's screen (or back, even. or have to keep track whether the screen or the back is under the snap, where presumably some pressure must be applied to snap it closed.)
Will report back with pictures, hopefully, once received!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad-Mini-sleeve-ss-grey-felt-3.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	106684  

Last edited by Mikeyboards; 06-05-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Mikeyboards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:09 AM   #105
gouni
Connoisseur
gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gouni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
They changed their cover.

I will cancel my order.
gouni is offline   Reply With Quote