Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-26-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPad Pro, Fire 8", iPhone, PaperWhite 2
iOS Flash Drive

Did not see this in a search of the Apple Devices thread so I thought I would mention it briefly: An iOs Flash Drive by SanDisk

It can be used as a regular flash drive. When connected to your iPad or iPhone it uses it own app, free from the app store. Made primarily for photos, music and videos it also works well with epub, pdf, etc. Transfers books to the various apps on your i device similar to CC. It also will back up your Contacts and Calendar.

When connected to an ios device it works as advertised but has some limitations that I hope will be overcome in a software update of the app. For example it does not save to a cloud box but will save to the file app and then dropbox (etc.) can be used.

I bought the 128 version and find it useful. It will play music or videos or view pictures right off the drive.
The Old Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Thanks for the info! When I clicked the link you provided, Amazon displayed quite a variety of "similar" devices, but I've been 100% SanDisk for many years.

My iPad Mini Gen-1 has only 16GB. I was in the mode "delete an app to add an app" ... totally maxed out. This might let me breath some life into my golden-oldie!

Prior to becoming a Texan, we lived in Rhode Island for 5 years and spent a lot of time in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Keene is a beautiful town; had some good times in the area.

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
The Old Man
Fanatic
The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Old Man ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Thanks for the info! When I clicked the link you provided, Amazon displayed quite a variety of "similar" devices, but I've been 100% SanDisk for many years.

My iPad Mini Gen-1 has only 16GB. I was in the mode "delete an app to add an app" ... totally maxed out. This might let me breath some life into my golden-oldie!

Prior to becoming a Texan, we lived in Rhode Island for 5 years and spent a lot of time in Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Keene is a beautiful town; had some good times in the area.

Marty
Yes, Keene is nice. Been here and in the vicinity for 40 years. I think this may be a better LINK.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:30 AM   #4
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
Just want to mention that HooToo makes a device similar to the SanDisk version. I bought the 128 gb HooToo and use it to watch movies when on trips. It attaches right to the iPad and is also good for storing or transferring pictures and music.
By the way, I noticed the reference to Keene NH. My alma mater....I graduated from Keene State many many years ago. Haven’t been there since moving to Florida but it was a beautiful small town back in the day! Some of the best days of my life were spent there. Maybe because I was so young then!!
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:31 AM   #5
The Old Man
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Just want to mention that HooToo makes a device similar to the SanDisk version. I bought the 128 gb HooToo and use it to watch movies when on trips. It attaches right to the iPad and is also good for storing or transferring pictures and music.
By the way, I noticed the reference to Keene NH. My alma mater....I graduated from Keene State many many years ago. Haven’t been there since moving to Florida but it was a beautiful small town back in the day! Some of the best days of my life were spent there. Maybe because I was so young then!!
Thanks for the info on HooToo. I'll check it out although Im very pleased with the SanDisk.

Yes, Keene is still a pretty nice town. It hasn't grown that much over the years. Keene State has expanded but has had to cut back a bit lately because of a drop in enrollment.