Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-12-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
357mag
Connoisseur
357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter

Device: iPad and Galaxy S5
CC and Google Play Books

When I am in my library in CC and select a book and touch READ at the top, I get a message that says "Do you have a reader app?". I do have a reader app and that is Google Play Books. Is there a reason why CC won't open Play Books as a reader app? Is there any way around this? I like Play Books because I can sync between my Android phone and my iPad.
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 357mag View Post
When I am in my library in CC and select a book and touch READ at the top, I get a message that says "Do you have a reader app?". I do have a reader app and that is Google Play Books. Is there a reason why CC won't open Play Books as a reader app? Is there any way around this? I like Play Books because I can sync between my Android phone and my iPad.
It doesn't show Google books because it is fact not a reader app. Google books cannot open a book on the device, so CC cannot launch it like it can moon+, fbreader, or any of the other true reader apps. You must instead upload the book to Google's servers and open it from there. In effect, it is part of the Google cloud ecosystem, not the android ecosystem. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with this, only that one should not consider Google books as an app.

CC can initiate an upload to google books. In book details, tap the three dots (the menu) and choose "Upload to google books". From then on you must use google books to search, choose a book, and read.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert