Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 10-09-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
vger
vger began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX & Palm E2
Two versions of SunriseXP?

There appear to be 2 versions of SunriseXP: 0.42j & 2.03a.

I've been using 2.03 on my XP desktop and like it. I recently bought a new laptop that has Vista installed. I couldn't get 2.03 to install. It complaines about the OS level. I was able to get 0.42j to install but it has no idea what to do with all my .sxl files.

Are the two versions compatible? Is there a workaround that will allow me to install 2.03 on Vista?

Is the Source code available for 2.03 - I could attempt to build in on Vista and solve that problem.

Thanks, Jim Simpson
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 PM   #2
HeffeD
Enthusiast
HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.HeffeD has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Palm Z22
I think you are getting Sunrise XP confused with Sunrise, which is a Java application. Sunrise XP doesn't use Java. The Java application (Sunrise) is open source, Sunrise XP is not. Sunrise XP came later, which is why Sunrise (the earlier application) can't open your .sxl files. I believe you can convert Sunrise files to work on XP, but I don't know if you can go the other way.
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Strange that it complains about the OS. I have a Vista laptop as well and it installs and runs just fine.