Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Zealot
rjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud of

Device: kindle epub readers on android
horizontally split image in PDF

Sometimes images are cut off at the bottom. The entire image is repeated at the top of the next page. Usually, I solve this by moving the image down a paragraph. Am I missing something? Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-09-18 08-46-30.png
Views:	35
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	173537  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
PDF output has been completely rewritten for calibre 4 I suggest you try the betas. In general if you wish to avoid a pagebreak in the middle of an image, try using the css page-break-inside: avoid
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Zealot
rjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud ofrjwse@aol.com has much to be proud of

Thank you for your quick reply. I found Index of Betas. How do you install 3.99 from this list? I am using 18.04 Ubuntu Gnome. I would very much like to try 3.99

I tried page-break-inside:avoid inside of the css file for images and PDF output still splits image at bottom of page then repeats image entirely at top of next page.
Best regards, Pop
Old 09-19-2019, 09:52 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just extract the contents of the tarball into /opt/calibre
Old 09-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #5
rjwse@aol.com
Zealot

I found the list of tarballs and downloaded the correct one. When I attempt to extract to /opt/calibre I am denied permission. I used terminal via sudo nautilus for root privilages and was not able to extract. I am worried about corrupting my set up. Might there be a way to load 3.99 into a sort of sandbox separately to test it out?
Thank you, Pop
Advert
Old 09-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can extract into any folder you like and run from there.