Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-03-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
Cedros
Enthusiast
Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara; Kobo H20v2; Kobo Glo HD;
New Kobo Clara HD arrived.

My new Kobo Clara HD arrived at the door an hour ago. The set-up with WiFi went flawlessly and now it's charging. So far everything looks great. I like the feel of the reader and the weight seems perfect, although I haven't tried putting it in the case yet. The Kobo H20-2 I bought last November is lovely, but heavy to pack around in a purse or backpack and I worry about damaging it. Those at least, are my (perfectly legitimate, right?) excuses for buying another e-reader!
Cedros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:53 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedros View Post
My new Kobo Clara HD arrived at the door an hour ago. The set-up with WiFi went flawlessly and now it's charging. So far everything looks great. I like the feel of the reader and the weight seems perfect, although I haven't tried putting it in the case yet. The Kobo H20-2 I bought last November is lovely, but heavy to pack around in a purse or backpack and I worry about damaging it. Those at least, are my (perfectly legitimate, right?) excuses for buying another e-reader!
All reasons are legitimate if they work for you

Congrats on your new reader. I think the Clara is a very nice device. I haven't bought one yet because I'm secretly hoping the Clara 2 (or whatever they call their next 6" device) will have the color changing light and be waterproof.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #3
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedros View Post
. I like the feel of the reader and the weight seems perfect, although I haven't tried putting it in the case yet.
I was stunned by how light the Clara is when I got mine. So small and light it made my Kindle PW2 feel really heavy. Even with the case it felt lighter than the PW. It really is a great reader, even though I ended up sizing up to the H2O2 and selling my Clara to help defray the cost of getting my wife an H2O2 as well - the screen size difference compared to her PW3 with very little extra size or weight made her very keen on having one
Old 12-04-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
xppx99
xppx99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (broken); Kobo Forma
Hi there!
I've just joined the e-reader world with my brand new Clara HD.
I've setup Calibre, and I'm starting to learn the tips and tricks of the device.

This forum is the best!
Regards
xppx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xppx99 View Post
Hi there!
I've setup Calibre, and I'm starting to learn the tips and tricks of the device.

This forum is the best!
Regards
Hey, congrats on your new reader!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #6
Cedros
Enthusiast
Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cedros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I was stunned by how light the Clara is when I got mine. So small and light it made my Kindle PW2 feel really heavy. Even with the case it felt lighter than the PW. It really is a great reader, even though I ended up sizing up to the H2O2 and selling my Clara to help defray the cost of getting my wife an H2O2 as well - the screen size difference compared to her PW3 with very little extra size or weight made her very keen on having one
I'm fiddling around with font size and line spacing, trying for the best reading experience on the smaller screen of the Clara. I find setting the brightness at about 28 per cent helps a lot. The lightness and portability of the Clara is great, but I agree with you that the H20-2 is pretty much ideal. I was tempted by the Forma, but it's very pricey, especially in Canadian dollars.
Old 12-06-2018, 01:50 PM   #7
Cedros
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xppx99 View Post
Hi there!

This forum is the best!
Regards
Congratulations on your new Kobo Clara! Yes, this forum is excellent. I usually lurk in the background, looking for helpful tips and information. Wouldn't consider buying any e-reader without first checking out opinions and reviews at Mobile Reads!